Cargo cover/ Tonneau cover

Jaadamz625

:
Mazda cx5
Hey all. I see the retractable cargo covers available but is there a cargo/tonneau cover with a storage compartment or compartments? I see there is one available for the mazda 3 but not the cx5. Has anyone found one or made something?

I use a crate bungeed onto the LATCH anchors to keep it from moving. I have all my Costco bags folded into it, the battery booster, snow brush and some other loose things safely contained in it. I don't like the design of the cargo cover that it will go up with the liftgate. In most cars I have seen it stays in place clipped to the back of the car and rolls back and forth independently of the hatch.

IskiE

I use a crate bungeed onto the LATCH anchors to keep it from moving. I have all my Costco bags folded into it, the battery booster, snow brush and some other loose things safely contained in it. I don't like the design of the cargo cover that it will go up with the liftgate. In most cars I have seen it stays in place clipped to the back of the car and rolls back and forth independently of the hatch.

IskiE

I think you need to try the cargo cover. I was skeptical too, but it actually works better the one in my RX350. The angle of the back window in the CX-5 is so steep, that a cargo cover that rolled in tracks wouldn't have much travel.

Being attached to the liftgate has it out of the way, but it is always covering the back. I really like the design now.

I think you need to try the cargo cover. I was skeptical too, but it actually works better the one in my RX350. The angle of the back window in the CX-5 is so steep, that a cargo cover that rolled in tracks wouldn't have much travel.

Being attached to the liftgate has it out of the way, but it is always covering the back. I really like the design now.

Let's see if Mazda sends me the mythical "Welcome to Mazda" kit and if there's a coupon inside it. (lol2)

The current set up is pretty good and a few reviewers here have said it's one of the better set ups

Obviously I'm the last one to find out (by accident at a dealership)... I used to think 2nd gen retractable cargo covers differ from 1st gen covers in their dimensions only, but just found out those movable flaps to cater for the adjustment recline positions of the rear seats (new feature in 2017). Quite smart design, although the new covers are apparently more flimsy and lighter.

OEM wins hands down but if you want something else, just look around

Back