Front Grill Black-out - How to remove?

jo.jacques

:
2008.5 MS3
Hey fellas.

We recently bought a 2017 Grey CX-5 (love it) but Im already tired of all that chrome (lol).

I saw someone blacked out the side chrome trims with Matte Black 3M (great, thanks!!), but I also want to paint the front grill surround...

Anyone here removed the front chrome trim in order to paint it?

You don't need to remove it-just be careful with the wrap to cover the connecting parts.

Cheers101

The front grill chrome seems a beetch to wrap thougt, I was planning on PlastiDipping it.... and removing the part would make the job much easier :)

The front grill chrome seems a beetch to wrap thougt, I was planning on PlastiDipping it.... and removing the part would make the job much easier :)

if you plastidip it, be sure to put a gloss plastidip layer on top, or it will look like s***. don't remove the grill just carefully wrap newpaper/ tape around the chrome. dont put the newspaper too close to the chrome, so you can peel off the excess around the edges.

I used plastidip with glossifier for the front because the contours of the grill would have been way beyond my abilities to wrap.

HBtK9dG.jpg

1aTULqc.jpg

lgRsnjM.jpg

Back