HD Radio Traffic Map Problems - 2017 Touring.

TinyTrains

:
2017 CX-5
Is anyone else having problems with the HD Radio Traffic Map app not loading correctly? (Not to be confused with the Nav system historic traffic).
About 25% of the time it either does not show up in the app list, or if selected, it never loads the map. If I do a 3 button reboot, then it usually comes up. I live in Los Angeles so there is plenty of data available.
I will get the service department to look at it eventually, but just curious in anyone else has this problem.

Thanks
Scott

Is anyone else having problems with the HD Radio Traffic Map app not loading correctly? (Not to be confused with the Nav system historic traffic).
About 25% of the time it either does not show up in the app list, or if selected, it never loads the map. If I do a 3 button reboot, then it usually comes up. I live in Los Angeles so there is plenty of data available.
I will get the service department to look at it eventually, but just curious in anyone else has this problem.

Thanks
Scott

When do you try to open the app? After the Navigation is loaded or in the same time? Also, if you have the navigation package (SD card), try to update the maps with a computer and give it a try.

I use the Atlanta area fairly often. I live 60 miles north of town and it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to load but it usually comes up.

I usually wait several minutes for it to fully boot up. Sometimes even later. Very strange.

I hate intermittent problems that no one else has.

Thanks,
Scott

It is not booting up, it downloads the current traffic map from a HD radio broadcast.

BTW, soft reset needs only two buttons pressed simultaneously, not three.
Prior info was wrong.

MUTE+NAV for 10 secs.

It is not booting up, it downloads the current traffic map from a HD radio broadcast.

In order to load the map, the app has to load, then data is downloaded. It is not clear where the problem is, because sometimes the app does not even appear in the menu.

Back