CX-5 Accessory must haves?

You are literally the first forum member I have ever come across on all forums I've been on that's from Newfoundland, let alone the same town as me, nice! Hahaha.
That's also my thought, I know Aluminum doesn't rust, but it does corrode in other ways. So with all the salt in the St. John's Metro/Avalon I question the longevity of them. They really do look nice tho (not for how often you really see them, but still, hahaha)

https://www.hunker.com/12608220/what-stops-existing-salt-corrosion-on-aluminum

Just thought I piggy-back on this thread to ask the question. I'll be getting a CX-5 (probably Sport+ i-activsense) this summer. I am also thinking about getting some add-ons (i.e. fog light, front+rear bumper trim... etc.) with it. Did you guys purchase and install those at the dealer during purchase or aftermarket detailing mechanics?

Just thought I piggy-back on this thread to ask the question. I'll be getting a CX-5 (probably Sport+ i-activsense) this summer. I am also thinking about getting some add-ons (i.e. fog light, front+rear bumper trim... etc.) with it. Did you guys purchase and install those at the dealer during purchase or aftermarket detailing mechanics?

3rd choice... i bought my parts from the advertiser above and installed them myself. I have done that with all Mazda accessories. If you don't want to do your own installs, maybe ask for install pricing separate from parts pricing. Online sources for OEM parts are much less then retail costs many dealers charge.

1st post but ill make it meaningful!!!

I went on forever negotiating with the dealer about accessories for my parents new CX5
- all weather mats (i dont think us Muricans get the liners)
- Cargo tray (coming from having to clean dust/snow/sand/gravel) etc from my parents old Nissan Rogue was a must
- Illuminated door sills. I know this one is a toy for most and i dont care much for the lighting up, but my 6 has the aluminum ones and they are a nice touch
- Cargo cover. Honestly its a 50/50 considering i got black interior and the rear windows are tinted, but whatever
- Rear bumper guard

Things i actually spent money on separately
- Ebay dead pedal in black because Mazda is cheap on the CX5. My '15 6 has the rubber one.
- Mazda AU Bonnet protector from OCAM Industries. It took 8 days to get to me and 20 min to install. TBD on how effective it is but i hate the Canadian and the US versions that start on the hood.

I'd suggest over and above all weather floor mats, trunk divider, trunk rubber mat the following 3:

1. Moon roof deflector - OEM. Does help a lot with wind noise if moon roof - open, helps keep rain out and keep moon roof slightly open ; has helped me with MPG with moon-roof open - full/partial. Its NOT costly.
2. Tow hitch - NOT OEM (exorbitantly costly - 1/3rd price Curtis Class - 2 I think - plug/play install). Carry bikes with ease!
3. Door sills - standard ones @ eBay.

For most stuff I go to aftermarket sources. Locally we have a few places here.

U-Haul is also a good spot for hitches, you can get a Class-3 2" Hitch installed, wired, and ready to roll for under $500 CAD here, taxes in. Which is about the same price as the OEM Class-1 hitch without installation and taxes at the dealer.

Finally decided(mostly) on what I want.

Front and rear floor liners
front and rear mud flaps
rear bumper guard
cargo tray
cargo net
cargo cover
aluminum brake and accelerator pedal
Still undecided on the hood deflector.

All OEM accessories, and fortunately all in stock except the aluminum pedals. The accelerator pedal should be here tomorrow and the brake pedal maybe early next week, There's no stock on them in Canada, I think it has to come out of California.

Chris - a hypothetical question - if Mazda engineers get hold of your car, will they recognize it, as theirs originally? (cabpatch)

I was searching through Ebay for a dash mat [possibly an Australian thing] which I found but I came across what I think is a lower grille cover in chrome.

First impression is that could look good but the more I looked the more the chrome worried me.

I'm looking for forum opinions and is it a lower grille cover for the 17/18 model.

5mmrzb.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I was searching through Ebay for a dash mat [possibly an Australian thing] which I found but I came across what I think is a lower grille cover in chrome.

First impression is that could look good but the more I looked the more the chrome worried me.

I'm looking for forum opinions and is it a lower grille cover for the 17/18 model.

5mmrzb.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Takes a while for dash-mats to come out.

Depending on where you are, a good place to get non OEMs is from Auto One

Back