CX-5 Accessory must haves?

The other thing I have done which I think is a must-have is the small convex mirrors attached to the side mirrors. That can really help you see exactly what is to your side. It compliments the blindspot sensing system quite well.

Same here. These convex mirrors usually are the 1st thing I buy after getting new vehicles.
$1 each.

What is this mirror tap for the dashcam? I have a dashcam I haven't installed yet because I hate running wires all over the car and having to use one power outlet full time to run it.

I realize OEM is expensive, but working for a Mazda dealer I get a good enough deal on the factory accessories that it's cheaper than aftermarket.

What is this mirror tap for the dashcam? I have a dashcam I haven't installed yet because I hate running wires all over the car and having to use one power outlet full time to run it.

A Mirror tap is exactly as it sounds.... You use the power from the mirror by tapping into the back of it. I did a HowTo with pics in the HowTo's section.

Must haves as far as appearance...

OEM Dead pedal

OEM Front and rear bumper trim package

OEM Retractable Cargo Cover

OEM Silver Roof Rails

OEM CX-5 all weather mats

For me... That is the bare necessities and when you get comfortable... Look up some aftermarket trim pieces that you can put on the car as is or have them wrapped in a great accent color for your vehicle from a worthy auto detailing shop.

My Roof Rails are wrapped in gloss black and I have the rear Mazda badges painted gloss black with a garnish trunk lip piece that is also in gloss black. I put the OEM rear bumper trim piece on. And I might get some silver and black or black Thule aeroblade crossbars for the roof rails.

Gloss black looks great on Machine Grey since the colors create contrast.

Hope this gave you some ideas 👌👍

Dead pedal cover not really that important but each to their own

I would probably get the aluminum pedals and dead pedal if I didn't live in the saltiest conditions on earth, hahaha. The floor liners cover the dead pedal, so that would be pointless, and I don't see the pedals as being something I want or need on their own, I'd just get them to match the aluminum dead pedal if I needed it. They do look nice when they're clean tho.

So, what is the CABO edition?
I'm guessing you like Baja!

Oh it's really just something I made up. Stands for Chrome Accent Black Out. Essentially I'm blacking out some things but still keeping some chrome accents on the vehicle. I do like Baja though. Lol

Not sure if I mentioned this... The OEM all weather trunk liner was a must have for me also. I live in NY and don't want to deal with dirty carpets from bad weather.

Wouldn't classify as must have but am going to be getting this:

1rxead.jpg

Is this an OEM accessory? I'd really like having this. Having the light on only one side of the liftgate is annoying/inadequate.

I would probably get the aluminum pedals and dead pedal if I didn't live in the saltiest conditions on earth, hahaha. The floor liners cover the dead pedal, so that would be pointless, and I don't see the pedals as being something I want or need on their own, I'd just get them to match the aluminum dead pedal if I needed it. They do look nice when they're clean tho.

Hey DubbuD, I'm in Paradise too! I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedals....as you said, with the floor liners I don't need the dead pedal.

I wonder how they'll hold up with our salty winters.

I did not know about this. Going to try it out!

I have the mirrors adjusted in this way as well as the convex mirrors to compliment them and the blind spot monitors. All three work together with an over-the-shoulder check.

The blindspot monitoring works really well with bicycles / mopeds. They tend to think that there are no brakes on their vehicles and that physics is on their side.

IskiE

Don't really need extra mirrors. Current ones along with blind spot monitoring is all you really need

Hey DubbuD, I'm in Paradise too! I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedals....as you said, with the floor liners I don't need the dead pedal.

I wonder how they'll hold up with our salty winters.

You are literally the first forum member I have ever come across on all forums I've been on that's from Newfoundland, let alone the same town as me, nice! Hahaha.
That's also my thought, I know Aluminum doesn't rust, but it does corrode in other ways. So with all the salt in the St. John's Metro/Avalon I question the longevity of them. They really do look nice tho (not for how often you really see them, but still, hahaha)

Back