CX-5 Accessory must haves?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GS
Just bought my 2017 CX-5 GS, and I didn't get any accessories. I do plan on buying genuine Mazda accessories soon.

My list to get includes

Floor Liners
Cargo Tray
Rear bumper pad

I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedal covers. Not the deal pedal, because I do believe the floor liners cover the dead pedal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Is there anything else you think is a "Must-have" for the '17 CX-5?

How about slimeline weathershields (uhm)

nxqt11.jpg

Just bought my 2017 CX-5 GS, and I didn't get any accessories. I do plan on buying genuine Mazda accessories soon.

My list to get includes

Floor Liners
Cargo Tray
Rear bumper pad

I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedal covers. Not the deal pedal, because I do believe the floor liners cover the dead pedal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Is there anything else you think is a "Must-have" for the '17 CX-5?

The Mazda branded floor mats don't cover the dead pedal, but I prefer them. There are both Mazda brand and after market pedal covers too - i have the mazda branded pedal covers on my wife's CX-3 and our SE Miata came with them. Very nice quality, but expensive.

I bought the rubber all weather mats for the front/rear seating area, and I got the all weather rear rubber mat for the cargo area. Also the cargo area retractable cover.

Here is the OEM - no pedal cover

asset.php

There are two different sets available: The All weather floor mats, which is what you have in your link above. The picture I posted is the OEM Floor Liners........Which seam to cover the dead pedal. I'm gonna have a look at them when I get to work tomorrow to make sure.

I haven't look at the floor liners yet(not the floor mats), but I found this picture online, looks like it covers the dead pedal?
00VP-CX-5FL1-0_grande.png

I have these matts in my 2017 cx-5 GT, they are premium matts and will cover the dead pedal, they are possibly the best matts I have had in a vehicle yet, they are like a rubber material mix with something else , not sure exactly what lol, they clean up nice with a pressure washer as well. Money well spent

I got the premium floor mats which do cover the dead pedal as shown above. Also, wheel locks, mudaps and hood guard. A cheap Walmart welcome mat protects the back cargo area. I installed a MirrorTap to run my dashcam and I am quite pleased with that on the overall.

I have ordered some blue dial rings to cover the start button, the AC control and the infotainment system. I have the deep crystal blue mica so I want to have a hint of blue in the car.

I am very much considering the LED replacements lights for the interior. A cover for the back bumper sill might also happen.

On my Honda Element I had also put in a leather Momo shift boot and a Momo shifter knob. The Mazda comes with nice ones so I won't feel the need to do that again. I had a really nice stainless steel grill cover on that car but I don't see any option for that on the CX-5. I also had a custom parking brake handle but no ability to do that in the CX-5 with the electronic parking brake.

I have to say the the stock GS does not leave me with much I want to change.

IskiE

The must have accessory for me are window visors, that was the first thing I got when I got the cx-5. I like the OEM ones because they're very slim and low profile.

36987572365_a8eca1d004_b.jpg

The other must have for me, that's not OEM, is changing out the interior halogen lights to warm white LEDs. Luckily I was able to reuse them from my mazda 3. Another thing I carried over was the white LED for the license plate area :)

I imagine those Mazda branded ones carry quite a premium for price.... Why not just go with Husky floor liners? I got the front and rear covered (with full dead pedal cover and rear hump cover btw) for $170 CAD + tax at Action Car & Truck locally. You might even be able to get floor liners cheaper if you shop around, but I thought it was a good price so I pulled the trigger.

Definitely recommend the floor liners though, especially for anyone in salty or wintry conditions; saves the carpets, floors and a helluva lot of scrubbing after the snow season is over. :)

I personally think the only thing you should get from the dealer is a block heater, maybe a 3M HBFM paint protection film if you wanted it. I only suggest these because they will do the installation for you. Everything else you can get for a cheaper price after the fact, even if it is a genuine Mazda accessory. I've heard of people getting mud guards for 1/2 the MSRP, for example. Also some aftermarket parts are a much better value. I had the premium liners thrown in when I bought my 9, but if I wasn't getting them for free I would have bought the WeatherTech or Maxfloorliner all-weather sets. Genuine Mazda Cargo net/liner/mat/cover can be bought on ebay for cheaper than OEM prices. I bought aftermarket in-channel window visors for 1/4 the price of the OEM ones.

The other thing I have done which I think is a must-have is the small convex mirrors attached to the side mirrors. That can really help you see exactly what is to your side. It compliments the blindspot sensing system quite well.

The other thing I have done which I think is a must-have is the small convex mirrors attached to the side mirrors. That can really help you see exactly what is to your side. It compliments the blindspot sensing system quite well.

+1
Makes parallel parking so much easier. I put one only on the passenger side.

+1
Makes parallel parking so much easier. I put one only on the passenger side.

360 would eliminate this issue and from what I have been told, coming as a standard feature to top spec Akera here.

Maybe overseas, might come as part of future premium package

360 would eliminate this issue and from what I have been told, coming as a standard feature to top spec Akera here.

Maybe overseas, might come as part of future premium package

Lots of great stuff coming in the near future!

But meanwhile....

Back