Does anyone use the excessive speed warning function?

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Just curious. Maybe should do a poll?

I don't use it. If it offered a 10 mph option I would, but 10 kph would just annoy me constantly.

The heads up display has a setting that flashes at 10mph over - i have that on. It shows an amber ring around speed limit when 5 over. I ignore the amber ring, but the flashing border is a good reminder if i am 10 over.

I may ignore it on the Interstate, but it keeps me inline when in town.

The heads up display has a setting that flashes at 10mph over - i have that on. It shows an amber ring around speed limit when 5 over. I ignore the amber ring, but the flashing border is a good reminder if i am 10 over.

I may ignore it on the Interstate, but it keeps me inline when in town.

OM says 10 kph not mph. How'd you get 10 mph? I could live with that. 10 kph = 6.2 mph

OM says 10 kph not mph. How'd you get 10 mph? I could live with that. 10 kph = 6.2 mph

My Display settings specifically give options in MPH
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180204_165931136_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180204_165931136_LL.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,247
Never used it on my 6, not planning to use it on my upcoming CX-5

My Display settings specifically give options in MPH

Thanks. You are right, OM is wrong. Mine's the same. I'll try it. Glad I asked.
Did you know that those safety settings (and some others) cannot be changed in ACC? The ignition must be on. I found no mention of that in the OM.

I have mine set at 10kph. Visual only. Tried audio for a bit but it was really annoying. It's especially an issue when you drive by a freeway off-ramp or on-ramp and the TSR picks up a speed limit for the ramp, or other issues like that.

I have been unable to find the +0, +5, +10 setting...in ACC or running. All I can find is Off, Visual, Visual/Audible.
I notice the kph's in the posts. Is the ability to change this (without asking the dealer) a non-US thing?

I use it all the time on the freeway at +10 visual only. Great during rush hour because I get caught in bumper to bumper traffic at beginning of my commute and when it clears I have a tendency to open it up. The flashing border is a nice reminder to keep it down.

I use the overspeed warning from the steering wheel controls. Got it set at 80.

That traffic sign recognition system told lies.

I do get the speed limit sign with borders and flashing and all sorts of "why don't you just tell my wife I'm speeding" stuff, but it's set at +0. I'll go to the dealer and see if they can change it. The manual says I can do it....but no.

Back