2017~2024 No TPMS on aftermarket wheels - how annoying is it?

jmktips

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GS
Have a set of aftermarket 18x8.5 wheels that I'm planning on running soon.

I understand that I have direct read TPMS on my 2017 CX5 GS AWD.

How annoying is the car without TPMS? Constant beeping? TPMS dash light always on?

I have never run TPMS in aftermarket wheels (Acura, BMW) so I'm not concerned with not having this feature. Seems pretty outdated without the in-car read out for each corner anyway.

TIA

Last edited:
⋯ I have never run TPMS in aftermarket wheels (Acura, BMW) so I'm not concerned with not having this feature. Seems pretty outdated without the in-car read out for each corner anyway.
Yeah I dont understand either why Mazda changed our CX-5 TPMS with more expensive direct-read system, but doesnt give us in-car tire pressure read-out like others!

Someone has tried and reported that without TPMS sensors in wheels, the TPMS light will flashes and beeps a bit several times, then only TPMS light illuminated steadily but nothing else. May be you can cover the TPMS light with a black electrical tape! :)

The light flashes a few times then stays on. No beeping. Not very annoying, I don't have TPMS sensors on my winter ties and barely notice the warning light.

Good to know! Appreciate the info!

I will just forego TPMS on my new wheels. I can live with a few initial beeps and a constant on light.

Back