Please recommend me a great all season tire that good in snow for P225 / 65R17

Most OE tires from factory suck anyway due to cost concerns. Some believe those OE tires even with name brand such as Michelin or Yokohama, they're specially and cheaply made with less quality comparing to similar or same model from the same tire brand on the market.

Do you have data to back this up?

Other than that the OEM tires Mazda puts on the CX5 have the WORST ratings on TireRack, is enough for me.

So you think they make 2 lines, in secret, with the same model number, and sell a cheaper composition tire to oem? Thats a very strong allegation.

So you think they make 2 lines, in secret, with the same model number, and sell a cheaper composition tire to oem? Thats a very strong allegation.

No, they make one cheap tire that they sell for a low price to the manufacturer, then Mazda puts it on $35k CX5s. Poor performance tires on thousands of CX5s

Last edited:
No, they make one cheap tire that they sell for a low price to the manufacturer, then Mazda puts it on $35k CX5s. Poor performance tires on thousands of CX5s

That is absolutely not what the post I originally quoted said. See post #79.

Im gonna go with no

Other than that the OEM tires Mazda puts on the CX5 have the WORST ratings on TireRack, is enough for me.

... and the OEM tires on my Mazda 6 are some of the best tires I have ever driven on. I guess Mazda just doesnt have high expectations for the average CX-5 owner... :)

No data, but my personally experience and a common knowledge shared by many others:

OEM TIRES vs. STORE BOUGHT tires

OEM Tires vs Retail Tires

There was a member here claimed to be working for a large tire manufacture. He once said the same thing that tire companies manufacture OE tires differently, even on the same model available on the retail. They would designate a code or version in model number to distinguish OE tire and retail tire with the same model number. Unfortunately I couldn't find the post after the search.

No data, but my personally experience and a common knowledge shared by many others:

There was a member here claimed to be working for a large tire manufacture. He once said the same thing that tire companies manufacture OE tires differently, even on the same model available on the retail. They would designate a code or version in model number to distinguish OE tire and retail tire with the same model number. Unfortunately I couldn't find the post after the search.

Can't leave out alignment specs...

Some of those threads have users posting they got great mileage out of OEM tires.

If the model number and other markings are the same on OEM vs. retail, then the tires must be the same. It is to much work to make a different tire and not mark it differently.

I got an offer for General Altimax RT43H or Pirellis Scorpion Verde Plus for the same price.
Both are excellent, but the only concern I have is the weight difference of 24.3 vs 28lbs for the Pirellis. That's a 16lbs difference between the two for a set of four.

Would this tire weight difference change the handling, acceleration etc? ...which one would you guys choose?

Last edited:
Back