For those running 18 inch wheels

:
2015 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Mazda3 18 rims
What tires are you running on your CX-5? (I just wonder if I am better off just sticking with my 17s) There are so many more 17 inch tire choices. My ideal choice would be to have handling capabilties of oh I dunno the Toyo A23s and the snow capabilities of The General Altimax RT43s. And also since the CX-5s comes with H rated 17s and V rated 19s which speed rating do I need if I get an 18 inch tire?

Last edited:
Hey James, patience, I don't think there are many here running 18's.

I'm on stock 19's for 3 seasons and 16's for the winter. My question for you is, what do you want to improve over your existing 17's and what are you willing to give up to get that? You may get better handling but a slightly harsher ride or possibly more road noise. If you're not careful you may add some extra weight.

As far as speed rating goes, stay H or above if you decide to go to 18's and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Im also running stock 19s on oe Toyos for 3 seasons and 17s on Dunlop performance snows in winter. Had my car come on 17s i would've used those for winter and probably gone 18x8s for 3 season upgrade. In your case (wanting winter capability also)..at least based on deals I'm seeing 235/60-18...Pirelli Scorpion Verde/plus 107V for 104 or 112 pt plus 70 rebate..pretty hard to beat those esp at that price. Just watch your total weight..50 is the target..i tried these in 235/55-19..landed me closer to 60lbs and no bueno..went back to Toyos..the pirellis do ride firmer but that was on 19s i think the 18s would be a nice setup.

I would also give the Vredstein quatrac 5 a serious look..tested great in wet, rides firmer on the sporty side and makes a bit more noise than most gt tires but the price also looks right.

Last edited:
My 2015 would only go 121 MPH. Even the newer '17s with 3 more HP are unlikely to go faster. Buy a tire rated comfortably above 121, H = 130 MPH sustained.

Nitto Motivo 245/55 on 18 x 8 ET 40 Enkei, don't remember the name of the model. Also lowered on Eibachs, and alignment's dialed. Looks great, rides and handles well. As I've said before, I think 18s are the sweet spot for these.

Nitto Motivo 245/55 on 18 x 8 ET 40 Enkei, don't remember the name of the model. Also lowered on Eibachs, and alignment's dialed. Looks great, rides and handles well. As I've said before, I think 18s are the sweet spot for these.

Where did you get the Eibachs? They haven’t been available in US to my knowledge.

Back