Heads up display for cx5 gt 2017

Over here in Oz land, could be classified as necessary with all the fixed, mobile and red-light/speed cameras everywhere. Don't have to constantly look down at my speedometer or try and remember what the general speed limit is

I know what you mean. In our area the cameras are everywhere. Even mobile units that they set up quickly in highly profitable areas. The school zones are the worst. I don’t advocate speeding near schools but if the limit is 20 and you are going 21, then bam, you get tagged. I go well below so as not to tempt fate.

Well what do you suggest someone do after the license is revoked, or do they not do that there for multiple flagrant traffic violations?
  • The catch public transport (if available)
  • They use a taxi/uber
  • They get a lift from family or friends
  • Some drivers ignore their ban and drive anyway :(

Besides as soon as they pass the cameras, drivers increase speeds anyway

More visible police enforcement along with the right balance of cameras coupled with good driver training/education is probably a better way to go

Last edited:
I know what you mean. In our area the cameras are everywhere. Even mobile units that they set up quickly in highly profitable areas. The school zones are the worst. I don’t advocate speeding near schools but if the limit is 20 and you are going 21, then bam, you get tagged. I go well below so as not to tempt fate.

We have them in school zones as well. Regardless if the school is on a quiet street or has some access point on a busy main road, the speed limit is 40km/h (25mph) between 8:00am-9:30am and 2:30pm-4:00pm

We have them in school zones as well. Regardless if the school is on a quiet street or has some access point on a busy main road, the speed limit is 40km/h (25mph) between 8:00am-9:30am and 2:30pm-4:00pm

That's zoomin'! Most of ours are 20 mph, and often all day, or "whenever children are present", a nice catch-all.

I would also be unhappy to be without a HUD after having used this one, it's so fine.

That's zoomin'! Most of ours are 20 mph, and often all day, or "whenever children are present", a nice catch-all.

I would also be unhappy to be without a HUD after having used this one, it's so fine.
Well I am looking forward to it when I get my CX-5 in a few months time

Sounds like a CC that locks onto speed limits might be popular?

Over here in Oz land, could be classified as necessary with all the fixed, mobile and red-light/speed cameras everywhere. Don't have to constantly look down at my speedometer or try and remember what the general speed limit is

But only if it's radar controlled and can maintain the speed with auto slow down

That's exactly the idea! All the parts are there. Just add some code. It could be a third option on the CC mode switch.

How so? It would be MRCC with input from sign recognition. Brilliant.

I come across signs that have been knocked down all the time, plus signs hidden by tree branches or bushes, faded signs, signs full of bullet holes in rural areas.

It’s not ready for prime time.

I come across signs that have been knocked down all the time, plus signs hidden by tree branches or bushes, faded signs, signs full of bullet holes in rural areas.

Its not ready for prime time.

Sure. It could also use the speed limit input from the nav. When it doesn't get valid input, it reverts to MRCC. What's the problem?

As the OM and Mazda's lawyers constantly remind us, NONE of this safety stuff is infallible or works at all times. They still have plenty of value, like this could.

Sure. It could also use the speed limit input from the nav. When it doesn't get valid input, it reverts to MRCC. What's the problem?

As the OM and Mazda's lawyers constantly remind us, NONE of this safety stuff is infallible or works at all times. They still have plenty of value, like this could.

True. Just a reminder, I’m old fashioned and prefer to drive my own cars. I know the day is coming when that won’t be necessary but in the meantime nothing beats the Mk.1 eyeball.

Back