Heads up display for cx5 gt 2017

Mine does! It starts blank but displays a sign immediately after starting which is stored in gps. It then switches to recognition proper after the first sign it sees.

UK vs US perhaps? Any other US owners experience? Oz?

Mine does! It starts blank but displays a sign immediately after starting which is stored in gps. It then switches to recognition proper after the first sign it sees.

Or do you live near a sign? I'm half a mile from the closest one, with 3 intervening turns.

Apparently it's Nav, not GPS. Found this in my OM:
Capture.JPG

I meant Nav. Because the Nav always knows the speed limit. One of the things i like about it.

My 2015 car nav updated recently, still shows a 60 limit when the signs on some roads are reduced to 50mph.
If the system does read signs it would be useful.

Built in Sat Nav speed limits

That is totally correct. If the camera doesn't detect a speed sign, MZD will extract this data from its built-in maps.

Ok, i think we figured it out. Let's move on people. Lolol

Last edited:
I remember back in the 2000s when GM did HUD how it was a big deal of "should I pay extra?" What it boiled down to was...If you're asking...get it. If y9u don't, you'll always be jonesing for it. Having had HUD, I think it's neat but not necessary. Especially in an SUV. I know on the track I never used it.

Exactly. Is it absolutely necessary? No, but now that I have it I enjoy the safety factor it adds to my driving.

Over here in Oz land, could be classified as necessary with all the fixed, mobile and red-light/speed cameras everywhere. Don't have to constantly look down at my speedometer or try and remember what the general speed limit is

Over here in Oz land, could be classified as necessary with all the fixed, mobile and red-light/speed cameras everywhere. Don't have to constantly look down at my speedometer or try and remember what the general speed limit is

That sucks. I'd likely just walk.

Back