Mazda service coupons

JPL

:
2018 Mazda6, CX-9
So I bought my new CX-9 about 4 months ago from a dealer about 65 miles away because of how bad inventory was for Signatures. There's like 7 dealers closer none of which had one. As a result, I receive service coupons from the dealer that say valid only at this dealer that I purchased from. I will be servicing my Mazda at my local dealer 5 minutes away though. My first oil change will be coming up and wanted to ask here if anyone has had a similar situation of buying from one dealer and servicing at another. Can you just ask that you be put on their mailing list for coupons?

Well, in my case they automatically put me on their coupon mailing list after taking it in for oil change, car was purchased used at a Honda dealer.

I would assume that is how all the dealers do it but maybe I'm wrong.

So I bought my new CX-9 about 4 months ago from a dealer about 65 miles away because of how bad inventory was for Signatures. There's like 7 dealers closer none of which had one. As a result, I receive service coupons from the dealer that say valid only at this dealer that I purchased from. I will be servicing my Mazda at my local dealer 5 minutes away though. My first oil change will be coming up and wanted to ask here if anyone has had a similar situation of buying from one dealer and servicing at another. Can you just ask that you be put on their mailing list for coupons?

Every dealer is different, but I have the same situation with my '12. The dealer I bought from is about 50 miles from my house; they offer free annual state inspection (as to many other dealers when you buy from them). But it's not worth it.

BUT--once I took my car to the dealer closest to my office for service one time, I'm now on the mailing list for their occasional coupons. I don't end up using them very much, first because I do most of my service at an independent shop, and second, because I'm convinced that their system purposely sends them out right after I have been to the dealer, so they will expire before I could even have a chance to use them.

Back