Front wheels spins easily and 4wd flashing!

Middle of last year I noticed that the front wheels f my 2008 CX9 were spinning so easy in a rainy day. Then, while I took my truck to the dealer for lower control arms replacement as per recall, I asked the dealer to check why front wheels spins so easy and follows by 4wd flashes The dealer told me that that they could find me anything wrong.
Yesterday, it was snowing here. I was in a hurry to go somewhere. So I tried my best to take off as fast as I can. Sadly the front wheels were spinning and I was beaten by a front wheel drive Honda Accord taking off from a red light!!! I have my Michelin winter tires on all 4 corners.
I guess my transfercase is dead.

well, your car decided to self destruct your AWD system and become FWD just like the car was supposed to be from the factory - consider yourself lucky.

all jokes aside, you will likely need a new differential

Thank GJ-Molestor for getting right to the point. Considering my truck is over 9 years old, I'm pretty lucky! The truck is pretty much worth a few thousand dollars. It's no point to get it fix. People said that the repair is around $5k plus labour! Yike!!! I just have drive like an old lady from now on. lol

you might just have a busted rear diff clutch/solenoid, failing to connect the rear axle when required.

you might just have a busted rear diff clutch/solenoid, failing to connect the rear axle when required.

unlikely, when this happens the awd light is always on.

either busted transfer case or chewed up splines in the front diff like i have. There is a huge thread on this a little lower.

Back