P5 Roof Rack Bike Attachment Bracket set + two Yakima Raptor Aero Bike Mount

It's time for me to let these fancy items go to a new owner.

Asking: $150 for the bundle of items
Shipping: around $25 shipping to any of the lower 48 United States.
Total price: $175
I am not willing to separate out the items for sale. Bundle deal. Firm total price.

Further destinations/international will be considered for a higher shipping fee.

The mazda brand OEM brackets are designed to properly secure the Yakima Raptor bike mount to the Proteg5 roof rack's unique profile. You can set them towards the front enough to allow full access to the hatch after dismounting bike(s). I was able to mount road and mountain bikes, a 29er bike with fat knobby tires and a BMX with 20 inch wheels. The jaws gently but firmly hold the bike upright and there are two straps to secure the two wheels. You can purchase SKS brand key locks for some security but I never did that. If you want to do more research head over to REI's website and read the reviews. The plastic parts for round and square bars are not included but you can order/purchase those separately from a Yakima retailer.

I now have a cargo box mounted to my roof rack. So, I won't be using these anymore. Priced to sell to a fellow P5er wanting to mount bikes! I'm posting it here first before listing it elsewhere. This setup is quite nice and you'll receive a lot of compliments. Just be mindful not to drive the bikes into a low clearance obstacle/structure! Also, make a stop after driving a long distance in windy conditions to get out and double check the tightness on everything. A gusty cross wind can make them move side-to-side and that can back the hardware apart eventually.

Pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking.

Booom

My permanently mounted Yakima cargo box. #becausebabygear
attachment.php

sell me your wheels instead :D

glws

Thanks for the bump. You could get a new set for cheap considering they are replicas. They are called D2 and are casted wheels made by Rota in the Phillipines. They did a great job knocking off the Japanese SSR brand Professor SP1 design. Although, these are only 16 inch with a small offset if 40. They also resemble a wheel called Meister S1 by Work of Japan.

Anyway, I could be willing to part out the brackets from the mounts and perhaps one from the otherselling individually. Any interest from the few P5 owners that still browse here?

Got plenty of racks but thanks for letting me see what the front of my car will look like after it gets some 22v on the bumperskin and lip tho...............GLWS

Thanks for the bump. When you install that bumper skin you may as well secure it with a sag fix kit :) Did you make that grille on your car or where can I find one of those?!

I do have the sag brackets installed. Also got some fog adapters to not cut on lip. Also have a previously cut lip I bought where I could run the factory fogs. I just did hid conversion on the oem fogs before the road debris happened and took out the lower corner of the bumper on passenger side. Luckily it was just bumperskin ripped and MP3 windsplitter broken. Got another one of those but scrounged around for a 03.5 lip and scored 2, lol. The grill currently on the car is CDM (Chinese) oem. Also have a mint blue, an ebay fg & usdm to play around with.

I do have the sag brackets installed. Also got some fog adapters to not cut on lip. Also have a previously cut lip I bought where I could run the factory fogs. I just did hid conversion on the oem fogs before the road debris happened and took out the lower corner of the bumper on passenger side. Luckily it was just bumperskin ripped and MP3 windsplitter broken. Got another one of those but scrounged around for a 03.5 lip and scored 2, lol. The grill currently on the car is CDM (Chinese) oem. Also have a mint blue, an ebay fg & usdm to play around with.

Cool. So, how did you acquire that CDM grill?

Did you purchase off of eBay or what? Would like to get a hold of one because I think it looks a tad better than the USDM grill.

IIRC, scored it off someone from Canada? Not sure. Got it from some FS thread or off the FB protg parts page.........it has been cut on top to allow more air to oem intake snorkel but my adp covers that.

Back