Water spots on the backup camera lens

I would like to see you do that and enjoy doing that in a downpour... in the rainy season

I would like to see you do that and enjoy doing that in a downpour... in the rainy season

No can do, amigo. (notcool)

I would avert my gaze upward to the rear view mirror, swivel my head to peruse both side mirrors, continue the rotation to afford a direct view out the rear window in any combination as much as needed rather than be exposed to the heavens' tears. (spin) Like I used to do. And still do. It's a great tool, I love it, (kiss) but if it ain't workin'...(shrug)

Then I'd wipe it with my thumb when it quit raining. (sun)

I'm curious just how difficult this would be to install. It seems like an option that should be standard.

No can do, amigo. (notcool)

I would avert my gaze upward to the rear view mirror, swivel my head to peruse both side mirrors, continue the rotation to afford a direct view out the rear window in any combination as much as needed rather than be exposed to the heavens' tears. (spin) Like I used to do. And still do. It's a great tool, I love it, (kiss) but if it ain't workin'...(shrug)

Then I'd wipe it with my thumb when it quit raining. (sun)
Exactly. Well said, my friend.
c07ce111826410fcab0b4185c286d6ad.gif

I swear my 2013 CX-5 never had an issue with water droplet buildup on the backup camera like this 2017 does. Cant remember how it was mounted back there, but it must have been different for there to be such a difference between the two models.

I've seen Japanese blogs talking about it and also videos of it... it's handy if you live in a wet climate or snowy climate
I've also seen a few MX-5 owners in the US on another forum have it... everyone had good things to say about it, but it's not too easy to get... japanparts.com is a popular place to get this stuff

Could not find the part at Japanparts. If anyone knows where it's available, please post.

Back