CX-9 GT 140 mi Road Trip Across Florida Guess my Gas Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I didn't keep track of my average speed. I drove a few miles over the posted limit all the way. Mostly it is 55 or 60. There was one shorter stretch of 50mph (and of course through little towns it was 25 - 30 - 35mph.

At that low speeds then it’s not surprising. You hit the sweet spot. At 65-75 you would be getting more like 24-25.

I could never drive that slow on the highway, it would drive me crazy. Especially in a CX-9 where 90mph feels like 65. I can't get near EPA estimates because of by driving style.

I simply drove few miles per hour over the posted speed limit. Most of the trip was at 63mph - that must be a sweet spot!

I could never drive that slow on the highway, it would drive me crazy. Especially in a CX-9 where 90mph feels like 65. I can't get near EPA estimates because of by driving style.

Same!!

I purposely bought FWD to get good gas mileage - (AWD eats up 2mpg) and is not necessary in Florida.

its true, it really feels so drama free. I travel at high speeds in my country where speed limits aren't controlled. usually over 100 , what I can tellu guys is that the only thing I would ask to be upgraded are the brakes, a suv that its so easy to travel fast should have bigger rotors so they don't heat up so fast. mpg ? around 14mpg when u travel at those high speeds, when travelling at 75 , around 25 to 26 and 65 around 28 to 29.

I think you are right about that. The brakes on the new CX-9 do begin to fade when heated - though they do remain fairly effective for a short period of time thereafter. They are not the biggest rotors in the world, but they do work really well on the street. A good brake package is on my list of initial mods and I'm leaning Brembo at the moment, but that's certainly subject to change. Mazda did not go out of its way to put on a real performance brake solution for the new CX-9, but what they did OEM works well for the intended application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back