2014 Best replacement battery

how much money do you want to spend? How long do you want it to last? Do you want prorated or not (falls into cost category)? Do you want the option of a local replacement if a problem or can you afford to wait for shipping?

Middle of the road price, id want it to last as long as possible, prorated would be nice, shipping might not be an issue my current battery isn't dead so I'l have that as a backup. I would love an optima battery but not sure if its worth it or not.

Chances are any replacement battery you buy is going to be manufactured by Johnson Controls Inc. My wife works for them and they own somewhere around 70-80% of the aftermarket battery brands out there. An Interstate battery and an Everstart Maxx are essentially the same battery inside, One's in a white box ones in black, same CCA Etc. The difference is in the warranty and pro rated schedules for each battery. Johnson Controls also manufactures a large Number of OEM batteries, I don't know if they make the OEM mazda ones or not. I do know that when I bought my car we received S-Plan pricing because of the agreement Mazda has with Johnson Controls. Optima is also made by Johnson Controls but those are a different battery tech then the standard batteries like Interstate and EverStart

Chances are any replacement battery you buy is going to be manufactured by Johnson Controls Inc. My wife works for them and they own somewhere around 70-80% of the aftermarket battery brands out there. An Interstate battery and an Everstart Maxx are essentially the same battery inside, One's in a white box ones in black, same CCA Etc. The difference is in the warranty and pro rated schedules for each battery. Johnson Controls also manufactures a large Number of OEM batteries, I don't know if they make the OEM mazda ones or not. I do know that when I bought my car we received S-Plan pricing because of the agreement Mazda has with Johnson Controls. Optima is also made by Johnson Controls but those are a different battery tech then the standard batteries like Interstate and EverStart

The Mexican built 3s uses a Johnson Controls battery, so does the dealer replacements, as you said... in Canada, dealer replacements are Exide (yuck)...
all of the Japanese built Mazdas uses Panasonic or Yuasa batteries, depending on supply... either of them beats Johnson Controls in terms of quality, but not necessarily CCA performance, so they are good for southern climates but not quite so up north

The Duracell batteries at Sams Club have recently changed in the past year to East Penn from Johnson Controls... I've heard good things about East Penn... no experience with them because they're a small player

Ok I end up leaving things plugged into the cig lighter in the center console and I’ve been told my battery doesn’t hold a full charge I also only have a 20 ride to work everyday so it doesn’t get much time to charge off the alternator. Maybe replacing the battery isn’t the answer but adding a second battery is. I also got a battery tender and have hooked it up to top off the battery from time to time

I bought my replacement from Batteries Plus. They supply DEKA batteries which I feel are the best. Another good option is Walmats Maxx battery with a full 3 year warranty. Ed

According to Consumer Reports, the best group 35 battery (the size the CX5 uses) is the Everstart Maxx, which can be easily found at your local Walmart.

I just replaced the original battery with one and it seems to work pretty well. It cost me $113 after trading in the original battery to get the core charge back.

$72-74 Interstate from Costco with 48 month warranty
$89 Exide from Home Depot also an option for low cost: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Exide-Extreme-35-Auto-Battery-35X/204852597
I think the Advance Auto Gold is good, but not for $142 - you better have a great coupon to make it a great deal.
Walmart is $93.76 for theirs https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Lead-Acid-Automotive-Battery-Group-Size-35N/16795243

If you want an AGM, consider Pepboys. They offer one with a coupon from Bosch that looks great, but it's double the price of those regular lead acids above.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/det.../6%20Series/0/4-2488%202.5L%20DOHC?quantity=1

I guess the OP better clarify "BEST".

Best price?
Best value?
Best warranty?
Best specs?
Best longevity?

Best, is the cheapest. It needs to last 5 years and gets replaced.

80% of batteries are made by one manufacturer anyway.

Thanks all for the battery education, I didn’t know there were that many factors. I’ve knew of die hard and optima and was leaning towards optima yellow top just because it’s talked about allot on forums and videos.

Is the optima d35 yellow top worth the money?

Back