How to tell if map updates are available?

I guess the question is "what is invalid" - you said the card works right? Unless the software manufacturer tells us what "invalid card means", I would not worry to much about it. I guess you could see if the card is under warranty with the car, but if it works....

You can always make a backup of the card using mazda toolbox, buy another card of the same size, and restore the backup to the new card and see if that addresses the issue.

Vague error messages are the worst kind.
I was going to say this. Get new card, use your backup. (I never backup. I live on the edge. I'm crazy. I'm a wildman).

does anyone know how to hack the map? I wanna get updates beyond 3 years.

I have read you can hack the cmu to bypass sig checks. There is nothing you can hack on the card after it has been locked to a car. But there are some ways to make copies of new cards. Maybe copying and activating a copy every 3 years, but the eBay card is not that expensive. Rather have Google maps on my screen.

Just updated, download and installation was super fast( google fiber here also, 940 mbps). Was playing around and noticed I now have several traffic options I can check or uncheck, traffic and/or historical traffic. So, What am I getting if I just check traffic ? I was thinking that was grayed out before.

Thanks alpha & 7 for reminding me of the restore option. Yes I did backup every version, but it never occurred to me I can actually make use of it.

From the mazda3rev post it's interesting to note that unlike 2015 MY and before, which are TomTom based, Toolbox is apparently backing up remotely to the cloud.

FYI - New map update available February 2nd. Of course, Murphy's law, I took possession of my CX5 0n January 29th!

My 2018 nav had a tsb update at the dealership. Now the background looks a little smudgy/cloudy. Increasing the contrast on the screen dulls it a bit. Did the update cause this? [emoji848]

My 2018 nav had a tsb update at the dealership. Now the background looks a little smudgy/cloudy. Increasing the contrast on the screen dulls it a bit. Did the update cause this? [emoji848]

Didn't notice any change in the display after updating the maps in my '17.

Back