Brake pad and/or rotor replacement

:
Charlottesville
:
2016 CX-5
For those who have replaced their rotors and pads already. Did you go with OEM replacement parts? If not which parts did you choose? If you did it yourself did you buy the additional brake pad retainer clips? Or reuse the exisiting ones?

Thanks!

For those who have replaced their rotors and pads already. Did you go with OEM replacement parts? If not which parts did you choose? If you did it yourself did you buy the additional brake pad retainer clips? Or reuse the exisiting ones?

Thanks!

Whenever the time comes I'm going to order from Rock Auto Centric Posi Quiet brake pads on the front paired with the very best raybestos rotors.
The rear are going to be wagner oex also from Rock Auto with cryo treated rotors from tire rack. Nothing at all wrong with Mazda pads. Some say they are Akebono others say TRW but they seem like a premium priced item compared to aftermarket. I believe it is possible to find aftermarket parts that equal Mazda OEM but it is also possible to wind up with parts that aren't as good. Just my opinion. I do not believe in skimping or cutting corners on brake parts. I hope I have said something useful.

Go for german OEM pads. Look into ferrodo, pagid, jurid, textar etc.

Back