Authentication Failure - iPhone via USB Connection

I did a search in this sub-forum and didn't find anything, but if I missed it please post a link and I'll hang my head in shame.

Notwithstanding the low power of the USB ports in the center cubby, I use that port and a quality, certified lightning cable to connect my iPhone 6 to the infotainment system. Usually it works no problem, but occasionally I will plug in my iPhone and get an "Authentication Failure" message. It's almost always fixed by unplugging and re-plugging in the cable. I don't have the same problem using the USB port in my wife's MDX, so I think it's a Mazda infotainment issue. But I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I did a search in this sub-forum and didn't find anything, but if I missed it please post a link and I'll hang my head in shame.

Notwithstanding the low power of the USB ports in the center cubby, I use that port and a quality, certified lightning cable to connect my iPhone 6 to the infotainment system. Usually it works no problem, but occasionally I will plug in my iPhone and get an "Authentication Failure" message. It's almost always fixed by unplugging and re-plugging in the cable. I don't have the same problem using the USB port in my wife's MDX, so I think it's a Mazda infotainment issue. But I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Yes! iPhone 6 also. Happened today, first time since purchase 7 weeks ago. I plug in daily, so I’m curious when the repeat will be.

Back