Cone Filter, yay or nay?

.... Wasn't trying to rub anything in tho, just hurts to see great cars crumble......

No offence taken... I was just being sarcastic (and I've had a lot of beer).

But I really do hate rust,... It crumbles and falls into your hair, eyes, clothes,..

It turns a twenty minute job into two days or even a job that isn't possible.

Just looking at rust fills you with a sense apathy and disgust and it's really hard to bring yourself to washing your car and polishing it when you know she's dying of cancer but there's nothing you can do and maybe a manicure will make her feel better on her final days... (that whole "makes me feel sad" thing...)

I do love this car though and it might be smart for me to travel outside of the northwest salt belt in search of a replacement P5 with NO RUST ....

Chances are it'll burn a butt load if oil but I've got a perfectly running engine to put in it !!!

I don't have an engine hoist but I do have a big ole Maple tree to tie off to like any real Canadian should oughta.
(I've actually drained sap from it and made maple syrup...)

Last edited:
AEM dryflow filters are made from plastic mesh. Every oil change, remove filter, wash, let dry, install. They last forever if taken care of.

AEM dryflow filters are made from plastic mesh. Every oil change, remove filter, wash, let dry, install. They last forever if taken care of.

I dunno,.. $325 CDN plus shipping for an air filter when my car is worth $1000 doesn't make sense to me.
$325 buys A LOT of regular filters.

I could replace my regular filter every week and still save hundreds of dollars...

Back