Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mats and other things

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 GT

Just heard from Husky today about the X-Act liners. They've been delayed again because of a manufacturing problem.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring AWD

HOLY SHEET!!!

Do my eyes deceive me???

2017 CX5 AWD Touring

At $230 that's a hefty price tag.

I still think the TuxMats have better coverage, look better and cost less $190 delivered from Canada

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
    At $230 that's a hefty price tag.

I still think the TuxMats have better coverage, look better and cost less $190 delivered from Canada
    Wow! Never heard of these TuxMats. They're not that much cheaper than X-Act, though, CA$229. You can get the set of X-Acts on Amazon for $207.

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus GT View Post
    I suggest 3D MaxSpider the quality itís far better than Weathertech. Easier to clean and maintain as new one. I bought from PartsEngine.ca, I had a great deal on these 187$ CA for all the mats. 2 front and one piece for the rear.
    Just got my 3D MaxSpider from Amazon.com. They did not fit and the holes are not in the correct places. Sending them back in the morning. It's a good thing this is the wife's car. She is not as critical as me.

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridgehank View Post
    Just got my 3D MaxSpider from Amazon.com. They did not fit and the holes are not in the correct places. Sending them back in the morning. It's a good thing this is the wife's car. She is not as critical as me.
    I got mine from Walmart.com
    I had to move/twist the liner around a little to push them into the holes/peg and they looked fine once they are in place.

I ended up putting the OEM mats on top of the liner just for the heck of it.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

I bought the 3d max spider all weather and Iíve been very happy with them. The material is amazing, not rubbery at all, its a perfect fit and it grips well. Covers a great area including dead pedal.

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with PP

Just got my Tuxmats this afternoon. I must say I'm quite impressed. They give the foot wells a real classy look. Didn't find that I needed to use any of the provided plastic trim clips. I did however use the carpet mounted clip on the driver's mat just for extra piece of mind. We'll see how I feel come next spring though.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin628 View Post
    Just got my Tuxmats this afternoon. I must say I'm quite impressed. They give the foot wells a real classy look. Didn't find that I needed to use any of the provided plastic trim clips. I did however use the carpet mounted clip on the driver's mat just for extra piece of mind. We'll see how I feel come next spring though.
    Are those ribs soft and squishy?

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with PP

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Are those ribs soft and squishy?
    They fairly squishy. They have a bit of push back. They feel good under the feet though.

Registered Member CrustyOldBugger's Avatar

2018 CX-5 GT Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin628 View Post
    I just got a set of Tuxmats as well. They fit well and seem to be well made, so I think theyíre worth the money. I guess weíll see what happens next winter. I didnít need any of the plastic clips either. However, I did tuck mine up under the plastic trim behind the fuse box and also to the right of the gas pedal and up along the console.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring AWD

Am I reading this right? Does this include the 4 mats (2 front, 2 back) AND the cargo tray/cover? All for $167.

Only $167?!!

Also, what's the advantage of buying OEM? I understand that when you do you're buying something made specifically for your make/model, but besides that, what's the advantage? Are they good/excellent quality?

Thanks.

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD non-Tech

I bought the 3D Maxpiders in 2014 for that model year. I absolutely loved them for their fit and coverage, and the fact that they completely covered the dead pedal. NOW, after using them for 4 years I had some issues develop. 1) A wear mark through the surface layer of the mat developed where my accelerator foot heal rested on the mat. 2) The pins that attach the BD badge to the circular clips( on the bottom of the mat) corroded off causing the clips to fall off due to dragging salty snow and slush in during the winter. Fortunately the supplier who I purchased the mats from sent me new badges and clips.

Now that I recently updated to a 2018 CX-5 in January, 2019, I decided to get the "Canadian" Mazda All Season mats which are the exact same material as the 3D Maxpiders(as they are made under contract by U Guard Automotive Products of Canada for Mazda). After 3 months of salty winter roads the same corrosion occurred on the CX-5 badges pins. My Mazda dealer finally agreed to replace the mats and low and behold, the new mats I received have a different but more robust CX-5 badge attachment system. I contacted U Guard today to ask if they had any recommendations as to how I might protect the similar aluminium pins from corroding again. Unfortunately they had no answer but comments by a poster on the thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...oor-Mats/page3 suggested I put silicone on the new clip system. I will be doing that but will have to wait until next winter to test that method of protection.

Now I still love these mats and many posters on the other thread have purchased these "Canadian" Mazda All Season mats, and like me, absolutely love them.
    Last edited by kdaug; 07-08-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I have and recommend the Mazda-branded All-Weather mats. Excellent coverage for protection from mud and snow. They are more expensive than the 3D maxspider mats, but look much nicer, with the silver Mazda logo.

These mats are available from a Mazda dealer in Canada. This dealer offers 10 - 20% off coupons frequently.

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/201...cx-5-2017-2018

https://mazdashop.ca/products/premiu...cx-5-2017-2018
    Are these mats the same you're recommending in your post?

2018 CX-5 Cargo Tray/All-Weather Floor Mats

Thanks.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridgehank View Post
    I just bought them for my 19 and they fit perfect. It*s been my experience with Amazon that they don*t do automotive very well. I bought mine from AutoAnything. Had to wait a 7 or 8 days for free shipping.
    2019 CX5 GT deep crystal blue mica

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast