Mats and other things

Just got my 3D MaxSpider from Amazon.com. They did not fit and the holes are not in the correct places. Sending them back in the morning. It's a good thing this is the wife's car. She is not as critical as me.

I got mine from Walmart.com
I had to move/twist the liner around a little to push them into the holes/peg and they looked fine once they are in place.

I ended up putting the OEM mats on top of the liner just for the heck of it.

I bought the 3d max spider all weather and Ive been very happy with them. The material is amazing, not rubbery at all, its a perfect fit and it grips well. Covers a great area including dead pedal.

Just got my Tuxmats this afternoon. I must say I'm quite impressed. They give the foot wells a real classy look. Didn't find that I needed to use any of the provided plastic trim clips. I did however use the carpet mounted clip on the driver's mat just for extra piece of mind. We'll see how I feel come next spring though.
349ed3b0256fe2c7912b7d6f9d12ba72.jpg
991221ad58add6fce3ced44e5798cc76.jpg
edb888a8a6bb05040ffdc3dd037f1657.jpg
7a37efa628e9cc26db28a4b50802cf43.jpg
769a005b9910f3146d9230cf1aa672ef.jpg

Just got my Tuxmats this afternoon. I must say I'm quite impressed. They give the foot wells a real classy look. Didn't find that I needed to use any of the provided plastic trim clips. I did however use the carpet mounted clip on the driver's mat just for extra piece of mind. We'll see how I feel come next spring though.
Are those ribs soft and squishy?

349ed3b0256fe2c7912b7d6f9d12ba72.jpg
991221ad58add6fce3ced44e5798cc76.jpg
edb888a8a6bb05040ffdc3dd037f1657.jpg
7a37efa628e9cc26db28a4b50802cf43.jpg
769a005b9910f3146d9230cf1aa672ef.jpg

I just got a set of Tuxmats as well. They fit well and seem to be well made, so I think theyre worth the money. I guess well see what happens next winter. I didnt need any of the plastic clips either. However, I did tuck mine up under the plastic trim behind the fuse box and also to the right of the gas pedal and up along the console.

Am I reading this right? Does this include the 4 mats (2 front, 2 back) AND the cargo tray/cover? All for $167.

Only $167?!!

Also, what's the advantage of buying OEM? I understand that when you do you're buying something made specifically for your make/model, but besides that, what's the advantage? Are they good/excellent quality?

Thanks.

I bought the 3D Maxpiders in 2014 for that model year. I absolutely loved them for their fit and coverage, and the fact that they completely covered the dead pedal. NOW, after using them for 4 years I had some issues develop. 1) A wear mark through the surface layer of the mat developed where my accelerator foot heal rested on the mat. 2) The pins that attach the BD badge to the circular clips( on the bottom of the mat) corroded off causing the clips to fall off due to dragging salty snow and slush in during the winter. Fortunately the supplier who I purchased the mats from sent me new badges and clips.

Now that I recently updated to a 2018 CX-5 in January, 2019, I decided to get the "Canadian" Mazda All Season mats which are the exact same material as the 3D Maxpiders(as they are made under contract by U Guard Automotive Products of Canada for Mazda). After 3 months of salty winter roads the same corrosion occurred on the CX-5 badges pins. My Mazda dealer finally agreed to replace the mats and low and behold, the new mats I received have a different but more robust CX-5 badge attachment system. I contacted U Guard today to ask if they had any recommendations as to how I might protect the similar aluminium pins from corroding again. Unfortunately they had no answer but comments by a poster on the thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123866588-2019-Floor-Mats/page3 suggested I put silicone on the new clip system. I will be doing that but will have to wait until next winter to test that method of protection.

Now I still love these mats and many posters on the other thread have purchased these "Canadian" Mazda All Season mats, and like me, absolutely love them.

Last edited:
I have and recommend the Mazda-branded All-Weather mats. Excellent coverage for protection from mud and snow. They are more expensive than the 3D maxspider mats, but look much nicer, with the silver Mazda logo.

These mats are available from a Mazda dealer in Canada. This dealer offers 10 - 20% off coupons frequently.

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...ium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018

https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-2nd-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018
Are these mats the same you're recommending in your post?

2018 CX-5 Cargo Tray/All-Weather Floor Mats

Thanks.

Just got my 3D MaxSpider from Amazon.com. They did not fit and the holes are not in the correct places. Sending them back in the morning. It's a good thing this is the wife's car. She is not as critical as me.

I just bought them for my 19 and they fit perfect. It*s been my experience with Amazon that they don*t do automotive very well. I bought mine from AutoAnything. Had to wait a 7 or 8 days for free shipping.

NO...The mats in your link are NOT the same ones that Spock is referring to, which are only available through Canadian Mazda dealers. I have the "Canadian" mats. They are the best!!!
Do you know anything about the ones I posted?

I have and recommend the Mazda-branded All-Weather mats. Excellent coverage for protection from mud and snow. They are more expensive than the 3D maxspider mats, but look much nicer, with the silver Mazda logo.

These mats are available from a Mazda dealer in Canada. This dealer offers 10 - 20% off coupons frequently.

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...ium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018

https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-2nd-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018

Ill have to admit the Canadian mats look top notch.

Are these mats the same you're recommending in your post?

2018 CX-5 Cargo Tray/All-Weather Floor Mats

Thanks.

Those are not the same as the Canadian or MAXpider mats.

Do you know anything about the ones I posted?

If I may chime in, I looked at those at the dealer. Thick and rubber. If you don*t mind the overwhelming smell of rubber vet those. I also recommend MAXpider or the Canadian oem as they are both made by MAXpider. I have never owned Weathertech but my neighbor has them and the rear mats move around under foot. I have owned Huskyliners for 13 years in a Silverado and the never wore through. I have them now in a Honda and I like them. I have MAXpiders for the cx5 and the quality is above Husky*s and WeatherTechs.

Back