Mazda5 GT Bluetooth issue

Cbray

:
Mazda 5 GT
Hey everyone, I just recently got a 2010 Mazda 5 GT. I have been trying to use the hands free . I pushed the button on the steering wheel, most times it won't even work, but today it did, and said that it was locked and to say a password. I tried all the usual passwords set by default, but nothing worked. And now nothing happens when I press the handsfree button. Please help

Hey everyone, I just recently got a 2010 Mazda 5 GT. I have been trying to use the hands free . I pushed the button on the steering wheel, most times it won't even work, but today it did, and said that it was locked and to say a password. I tried all the usual passwords set by default, but nothing worked. And now nothing happens when I press the handsfree button. Please help

I am in the same boat. I can pair my phone and it works sometime. But most of the time, nothing happen when I press the handfree button.

I've been having this issue with my 2009 GT as well.
BT has worked previous (for years)... now pressing the steering wheel button gives me nothing. (I haven't even been lucky enough to get the Password message). All other steering wheel buttons function just fine.

I've done a password reset just in case (for the 2009, it was turning car on, turning the radio power off, then pressing POWER ON, Station 5, and SEEK DN buttons all at the same time and holding for a couple seconds until the display says "Password cleared"... for the 2010 the sequence may have changed to POWER ON, Station 2, Auto-M)
Still nothing happens when I press handsfree.

Sounds like pulling the fuse(s) has worked to reset things to working for some other Mazda models with similar issues... but I have no idea what fuse(s) to pull. Are there just fuses for the infotainment system as a whole, or are there [also] fuses specific to the bluetooth system??

Is there a way to activate the handsfree system that's NOT through the steering wheel, in case that hardware button is just bad?

Last edited:
So I was able to get into the test mode (sort of) and test the buttons. The handsfree button does, in fact, beep when pressed but it identifies itself as STR MUTE. This doesn't seem right. Makes me think the headunit doesn't think the bluetooth module is installed/connected. Though it could be perfectly fine, I suppose.

I pulled the fuses (7 and 14), no change. I disconnected the battery for many minutes, no change.

I would like to get the HU into Self-diagnostic mode, but the button combo suggested for that is POWER + AM + MD/TAPE. My unit is the 6-disc CD changer, and I have neither an AM button nor an MD/TAPE button. I have an AM/FM toggle, SAT, CD, and MEDIA. Tried the AM/FM button with all three of the others and never got into Self-diagnostic.

Anyone know what the button combo would be for the 6-disc changer?

Hi everyone.

To avoid start a new thread: I've been having similar issues with mi Mazda 5 GT Bluetooth module... it was working fine but almost a year ago it stoped working, no more phone icon in the screen and when I push the bluetooth button on the steering wheel, It mutes/unmutes the audio.

I've been looking for instruction to inspect the bluetooth module, but I can't find any information on this. Maybe someone could tell me where should I look for it please?

Back