2013 Mazda CX-5 Check Engine, Master Warning, traction, and blinking tire pressure

n4jantz02

:
Mazda CX-5
Last night my 2013 Mazda CX-5 showed the check engine light, master warning light, the traction control light, and my tire pressure light would blink several times. Luckily I was just pulling into the driveway of a friend's that we were staying for dinner at when it all happened, and I was able to turn the vehicle off without driving it with it's apparent problem. After an hour I went out to the car to try and start it, me and my wife have both had some fits with starting it at times, after applying pressure to the break the start button on the dash would be orange instead of green, only turning on the electronics on the dash. After a second or third try, it usually goes green and then no problem. I thought it was a bad battery in the key fob, so I replaced them a while back. I plan to call to my closest Mazda dealer today to see if I can't replace the brake light switch. Just went out to warm up the car to go to work, the check engine light is gone, but the traction control light is illuminated along with the blinking tire pressure light.

I just got to work and wanted to say that when I got back in my car, the traction control light was illuminated along with the blinking tire pressure light. But when I put the car into gear the dash lights went off. So I now have no warning lights on again.

There is a TSB for corrosion in the front wiring harness/fuse box. It causes weird errors and battery drain. I spend hundreds on diagnosis and then they checked this and found the corrosion. An easy fix but finding it was the problem. If I can find a copy of the TSB I will link back to it. It's caused by the wiring boot between the door and body becoming stiff in cold weather and letting water in.

https://mazda.oemdtc.com/794/various-electrical-system-malfunctions-dtc-b10e7-2013-2015-mazda-cx-5

Back