Pizza wheels no more

Back to the primary Pizza Wheel topic...from day 1, we knew that we were going to get rid of the stock GT wheels. Did a lot of research and changed my mind multiple times, but finally bit the bullet. Today, our new wheel and tire package arrived...I did what any car nut would do and left work early to go install them.

Specs: 20x8.5 ET35 TSW Sprint in Gunmetal with 245/45/20 BFG g-Force Comp 2 A/S, roadforce balanced, combined weight 59.4 pounds. I weighed the stock 19" GT wheel with the original Toyo tires (900 miles on them) and it weighed 66.3 pounds.

Initial impression: I took the CX-5 out for about a 10 mile drive. The ride is a bit firmer which is what I wanted. It definitely feels a bit more peppy off the line, possibly due to the lighter weight. Extremely pleased with how it handles and drives now. Next steps will be window tint, a slight drop (undecided if I will do springs or coilovers), and getting rid of the chrome in either black or gunmetal to match the rims. Then I officially hand it over to the wife!

If anyone is interested in buying my old rims/tires/lugnuts in the Southern California area, let me know!

On to the pics!
IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

Lol I’m well aware of that . But as I seen in other discussions , people don’t want to change or paint the emblem do to the fact that it might interfere with the radar which is why I said I doubt the emblem has any function, as in I don’t think it matters if it’s painted, It won’t affect the radar because as you said it’s the stuff behind it that matters.
The emblem is just some sort of plastic. Adding paint might interfere with the radar's performance

Back to the primary Pizza Wheel topic...from day 1, we knew that we were going to get rid of the stock GT wheels. Did a lot of research and changed my mind multiple times, but finally bit the bullet. Today, our new wheel and tire package arrived...I did what any car nut would do and left work early to go install them.

Specs: 20x8.5 ET35 TSW Sprint in Gunmetal with 245/45/20 BFG g-Force Comp 2 A/S, roadforce balanced, combined weight 59.4 pounds. I weighed the stock 19" GT wheel with the original Toyo tires (900 miles on them) and it weighed 66.3 pounds.

Initial impression: I took the CX-5 out for about a 10 mile drive. The ride is a bit firmer which is what I wanted. It definitely feels a bit more peppy off the line, possibly due to the lighter weight. Extremely pleased with how it handles and drives now. Next steps will be window tint, a slight drop (undecided if I will do springs or coilovers), and getting rid of the chrome in either black or gunmetal to match the rims. Then I officially hand it over to the wife!

If anyone is interested in buying my old rims/tires/lugnuts in the Southern California area, let me know!

On to the pics!
IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg
Looking good (thumb). How's ride quality and noise?

Looking good (thumb). How's ride quality and noise?

Ride is a bit more firm, noise level is about the same or slightly less. I've only taken it on the freeway to get it up to speed to make sure there were no vibrations. Need to get it out on some of the local canyons to see how the handling is!

Ride is a bit more firm, noise level is about the same or slightly less. I've only taken it on the freeway to get it up to speed to make sure there were no vibrations. Need to get it out on some of the local canyons to see how the handling is!

(2thumbs)

On to the pics!

Very nice wheels and funny about handing it over to the wife. I'm doing the exact same thing haha just waiting for my dealer to have the 18' mazda6 in stock so i can hand over my cx5 to her and get rid of our mazda3.

Very nice wheels and funny about handing it over to the wife. I'm doing the exact same thing haha just waiting for my dealer to have the 18' mazda6 in stock so i can hand over my cx5 to her and get rid of our mazda3.

That is funny... My wife gives me a hard time about my car fetish, but at the end of the day, she loves how my efforts come out.

By the way, I posted my oem wheels/tires and lug nuts for sale in the marketplace for anyone who is interested.

He did. See the "What did you do to your CX-5 today" thread.

Definitely much better looking than original! (cool)

They look really good. Do they show brake dust fast? My last vehicle had the gray stock Nissan color and it was everyday they showed brake dust. I like that the Mazda has the darker rims. I agree it would have been nice if the silver color was on the outer part of the wheel as well.

I like red lugnuts to break up the black a bit like this car in russia

I like how the red lugnuts break up the black a bit on this car in russia (boom04)

Attachments

• -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 253
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 231
  • -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
They look better but again for some reason the rims look to small in the wheel bay/arch even though these are the stock 19" rims

Back