Pizza wheels no more

Guess you guys know something I don't.

Interesting. Guess I never noticed that before.

Alright, heres a little update. 70% done
Wheels are done.
Also the chrome delete was done.

Just need to do tints and wrap the side mirror in gloss black and it should be done by next week.

Sorry for the horrible pics.

Edit:
Really wish I could change that chrome emblem in front and get it blacked out.

qqa7td.jpg

Looks really good! You can still see the wheel design via the gloss finish. Good contrast against that Soul Red Crystal. (thumb)

Just been to see my refurbished pizza wheels which have been refinished in a smoked silver. Very impressed with the results - will show you photos when I collect them on Monday.

Anchorman, do you have more info on the "smoked silver" color? Does it have a specific designation? RAL or equivalent?

Anchorman, do you have more info on the "smoked silver" color? Does it have a specific designation? RAL or equivalent?

No, I’m afraid I don’t. I always liked the colour of these 10 spoke wheels my Toyota had so I showed the wheel man and he said “I’ll mix that”!

E5_D05393-2570-4891-84_F9-892936_C0155_F.jpg

A2915134-_A8_C8-44_D1-_BC35-00_B9_BA640_AEB.jpg

Not bad.............

IMG_4331.jpg

Last edited:
They look smaller because you’ve lost the outer edge of the rim with the colour. It’s the only reason I came away from black.

Alright, heres a little update. 70% done
Wheels are done.
Also the chrome delete was done.

Just need to do tints and wrap the side mirror in gloss black and it should be done by next week.

Sorry for the horrible pics.

Edit:
Really wish I could change that chrome emblem in front and get it blacked out.

5chu69.jpg

These look a lot better than the pizza cutter wheels.

Also I didn't realize VMR wheels had quality issues. Good to know.

To counter act it, maybe need 21 or 22" in full black

That would just make the ride rougher and not to mention more expensive tires, speedo inaccuracies etc. The wheel design / choice was not the best to begin with, especially the receded spoke design from the outer lip of the rim. The previous gen CX-5 19" wheels on the other hand, look huge on the car. Best alternative in IMO are the optional OEM CX-5 19" wheels from Canada which look great.

That would just make the ride rougher and not to mention more expensive tires, speedo inaccuracies etc. The wheel design / choice was not the best to begin with, especially the receded spoke design from the outer lip of the rim. The previous gen CX-5 19" wheels on the other hand, look huge on the car. Best alternative in IMO are the optional OEM CX-5 19" wheels from Canada which look great.

True but was only thinking in terms of looks.

On certain angles, the current stock 19" do fill up the wheel arch:

2qn30yf.jpg

True but was only thinking in terms of looks.

On certain angles, the current stock 19" do fill up the wheel arch:

In terms of looks, yes 20"-21" pizza cutters would look good. I actually don't mind the pizza cutter wheels so much its just that from close up, they don't look 19" or big enough.

Can anyone do photochop of pizza cutters on first-gen CX-5? ;) Considering them for spares. I think it could look good.

To counter act it, maybe need 21 or 22" in full black

I have trouble finding aftermarket wheels that I like the look of. Plus it would mean new tyres and implications on ride etc. I’ll be quite happy when these get fitted but we’ve got a Siberian cold blast that means they stay locked away for now! It’s minus 8C and I’m off to work at 02:30!

Someone did it to their CX-5 on here and it looked really good... Id to it. It will make the car look significantly more premium and upscale. I feel like the economy car roots become a little evident with the plastic cladding - doesnt belong on a car thats starting to look truly premium and upscale. If you look at an early model BMW X5, like 2007 and then compare it to the newer ones with the sport package it totally changes the look of the car.

This is exactly why we bought the Machine Gray color. My wife hates all the black plastic and the darker colors blend much better. We had a 2013 BMW X5 Diesel, also in the dark gray color, hated the plastic then, still hate it now. I might still get the plastic painted body color on the CX-5, but I want to see how the new wheels and tires I have on order look before doing anything (hopefully arriving tomorrow!). Definitely going to get the front chrome and window trim blacked out.

has anybody disassembled that front emblem with the radar sensor ? is there a way around it to get that front emblem painted? I've read the manual , says don't block the front etc etc but they're specifically talking about the whole plastic case which will obviously cause the radar to not function properly. i just don't think the emblem itself has any function. what do you guys think.

has anybody disassembled that front emblem with the radar sensor ? is there a way around it to get that front emblem painted? I've read the manual , says don't block the front etc etc but they're specifically talking about the whole plastic case which will obviously cause the radar to not function properly. i just don't think the emblem itself has any function. what do you guys think.

The function of the emblem is to state it's a Mazda. Nothing else.

The stuff behind it is far more important.

The function of the emblem is to state it's a Mazda. Nothing else.

The stuff behind it is far more important.

Lol Im well aware of that . But as I seen in other discussions , people dont want to change or paint the emblem do to the fact that it might interfere with the radar which is why I said I doubt the emblem has any function, as in I dont think it matters if its painted, It wont affect the radar because as you said its the stuff behind it that matters.

Back