Pizza wheels no more

Here they are. No marks only reflections from the lights in my garage. This is all 4 stood outside;

IMG_4330.jpg

This is at the refurbisher. Youd be surprised just how many are from new vehicles. This is one ready completely stripped back to bare metal;

IMG_4328.jpg

.........and this is off to the oven;

IMG_4329.jpg

A bit closer daylight view;

IMG_4333.jpg

....and finally, stood next to the car but they wont go on until mid to late April!

IMG_4334.jpg

A good thick coat of Jetseal 109 and into storage.

fullsizeoutput_1793.jpg

Looks waaaaaay better than the original color. I am contemplating a complete tire and wheel upgrade on my 2017 (as I can't stand the wheels) but your results have me thinking otherwise and just powder-coating the factory wheels.. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

For the next person who is going to try and get their stock Pizza wheels powdercoated, maybe try a gunmetal color? That would be interesting to see. The gunmetal paint should still allow you to see the edges of the wheel and so will make the wheels look like proper 19 inch wheels. Sort of similar to what Mazda did with the gunmetal wheels on the 2013 Speed3 and RX-8 R3.

For the next person who is going to try and get their stock Pizza wheels powdercoated, maybe try a gunmetal color? That would be interesting to see. The gunmetal paint should still allow you to see the edges of the wheel and so will make the wheels look like proper 19 inch wheels. Sort of similar to what Mazda did with the gunmetal wheels on the 2013 Speed3 and RX-8 R3.

I agree...this would be my intention if I go for refinishing the factory wheels, especially since my CX5 is Machine Grey. For comparison, these are the replacement gun metal wheels I am considering...

V710-GM-03.png

its currently on my 17” winter wheels which is why they won’t go on until easter.

78296c29-e283-4524-8330-ca5e9cfabbb3.jpg

i could have had them diamond cut again to highlight the pizza slices but after a lot of consideration, i decided against it.
ok

Last edited:
I agree...this would be my intention if I go for refinishing the factory wheels, especially since my CX5 is Machine Grey. For comparison, these are the replacement gun metal wheels I am considering...

V710-GM-03.png

Those are nice. Yeah something similar to that color. I would consider VMR wheels if I had to get new wheels as well.

Will be doing this to mine next week, will post pics when they're done.

Hey Anchorman, how about just placing 2 wheels infront of your current ones and taking a photo side on of your CX-5 for us perhaps (uhm)

Then you can store them away till Easter as you planned to :)

Hey Anchorman, how about just placing 2 wheels infront of your current ones and taking a photo side on of your CX-5 for us perhaps (uhm)

LOL i wanted him to do the same to see how mine is going to come out. but I'm doing a gunmetal black

I did that with the front one. They are locked away now and it’s a maul to get one out. Be patient Grasshopper!

Back