Pizza wheels no more

It’s a dull day here on the island but the summer wheels are fitted at long last.

82_F1011_A-7999-4656-8742-_B242_CBBD2_CF7.jpg

I thought you had a red CX-5 Anchorman (uhm)

You’ve noticed! Following a tangle with a truck (nothing much but a lot of politics involved), that car is now still in the bodyshop and I find myself in yet another new CX-5 only 8 months after the last one. All cars for Europe are disembarked at Zeebrugge then are shuttled across here on smaller vessels. The only colour available without waiting 18 weeks for a factory order was silver. It wouldn’t have been my first choice but I’m actually getting to quite like it. The car is identical to the red one in all other respects and I’ll get some photos in better light when I get chance.

You’ve noticed! Following a tangle with a truck (nothing much but a lot of politics involved), that car is now still in the bodyshop and I find myself in yet another new CX-5 only 8 months after the last one. All cars for Europe are disembarked at Zeebrugge then are shuttled across here on smaller vessels. The only colour available without waiting 18 weeks for a factory order was silver. It wouldn’t have been my first choice but I’m actually getting to quite like it. The car is identical to the red one in all other respects and I’ll get some photos in better light when I get chance.

Man, all that work waxing and such. Are you going to have both?

Silver does look good on the CX-5 and you have matching wheels to boot Anchorman :D

Man, all that work waxing and such. Are you going to have both?

I know. I had a CX3 that got waxed, a CX5 that got waxed then stolen, the SRC CX5 which is now history and now this silver one. I’ve got a gallon of wax but I think its a bad omen. I always intend keeping these things and breaking this car buying habit but I’ve got no willpower. I’ve also got to recover all the dash cam cables and the space saver wheel etc form the old one. I need my winter wheels back off it too.

It’ll all get sorted. One thing I will say is that neither the Outlander or the RAV4 loaners that I had were anywhere as near as good as the CX5, it absolutely eclipses them for comfort, ride and features that work.

I just got my '18 CX-5 two weeks ago and can't WAIT to replace the pizza slice wheels!

For some reason I can't see all the pictures uploaded in this thread.

Will post pics of whatever I get when I get 'em!

I just got my '18 CX-5 two weeks ago and can't WAIT to replace the pizza slice wheels!

For some reason I can't see all the pictures uploaded in this thread.

Will post pics of whatever I get when I get 'em!

This was one of the agreements I had with my wife before we picked up our 17 GT. Wheels would be replaced asap. Couldn't be happier now!
IMG_6815.jpg

This was one of the agreements I had with my wife before we picked up our 17 GT. Wheels would be replaced asap. Couldn't be happier now!
IMG_6815.jpg

Good call. I just took a co-worker out in mine and mentioned the pizza slices and he couldn't believe it. (lol2)

What wheels are these and do you have a side shot? it looks like you got new tires as well did you changes sizes of the wheel?

Yea, come on man. Side pic for wheels. You didn't want to walk 5 more feet? [emoji39]

The tyres also seem to be a different brand with its more agressive tread pattern

Back