Pizza wheels no more

:
2022 2.5GT
Just been to see my refurbished pizza wheels which have been refinished in a smoked silver. Very impressed with the results - will show you photos when I collect them on Monday.

Ooooh... interesting.

I am one of the few people who like the current 19" alloys but will be interested in seeing how they come out.

Are you able to post before and after photos as well please (uhm)

Much appreciated :)

I can show you the originals now but you’ll have to wait until Monday for the “afters”. I don’t hate the originals but the problem for me is that the diamond cutting doesn’t show the outer diameter of the wheel and when you stand back, they just look like 17” wheels. Had they cut the outer rim, that wouldn’t have happened. Anyway, here’s the originals................

IMG_3389.jpg

.....and when you stand back..............

BBA1_E685-_E212-494_E-9_A92-_D2102327505_C.jpg

I can show you the originals now but you’ll have to wait until Monday for the “afters”. I don’t hate the originals but the problem for me is that the diamond cutting doesn’t show the outer diameter of the wheel and when you stand back, they just look like 17” wheels. Had they cut the outer rim, that wouldn’t have happened. Anyway, here’s the originals................

Sounds like you've put some thought into this and I'm anxious to see the results, but I'm curious as to how the smoked silver respray solves the problem?

IMG_3389.jpg

.....and when you stand back..............

BBA1_E685-_E212-494_E-9_A92-_D2102327505_C.jpg

Fair enough. Looking forward :)

Sounds like you've put some thought into this and I'm anxious to see the results, but I'm curious as to how the smoked silver respray solves the problem?

The silver realises the full diameter of the wheel where the black disguises it.

Spray or powder coat? I look forward to seeing them...

They treat them with chemicals to remove the paint then shot blast to take them right back to bare metal. After that they are powder coated and baked. You can have them diamond cut but I opted for just the colour. The flat faces that were diamond cut seem to pick up more light anyway. I called in to see them yesterday but couldn’t collect them but I’ll definitely post up some photos as soon as I get them.

The silver realises the full diameter of the wheel where the black disguises it.

And that is the main objection I have to the "black wheel" trend. Unless the outer rim is diamond cut or painted with a contrasting color, the wheel/tire assembly looks like a 'black blob' from any distance and you visually lose the relationship of the wheel to the body.

And that is the main objection I have to the "black wheel" trend. Unless the outer rim is diamond cut or painted with a contrasting color, the wheel/tire assembly looks like a 'black blob' from any distance and you visually lose the relationship of the wheel to the body.

I think black wheels are going to look dated fast.

They treat them with chemicals to remove the paint then shot blast to take them right back to bare metal. After that they are powder coated and baked. You can have them diamond cut but I opted for just the colour. The flat faces that were diamond cut seem to pick up more light anyway. I called in to see them yesterday but couldnt collect them but Ill definitely post up some photos as soon as I get them.

what does something like that cost?

Back