Fan blower motor not working

:
CX-5
Ive had consistent issues with my fan blower motor on my CX5. I replaced the blower motor and the resister and it works for a little while then it stops working again. Does anyone know of any other things but I can check and or replace to get my fan blower motor working again?

Do you have Automatic Climate Control? If your fan motor is working intermittently, usually its the controling issue. Replacing the resister and motor themselves wont work. Its possible the climate control module is acting up, or theres a loose connection somewhere. You may have to find some independent AC shop who knows the Mazda well, or go to Mazda dealer with Mazda diagnostic equipment to have better chance getting the problem fixed.

I recently went through this with my VW...yes, different car altogether, but it is worth a shot...

when my blower fan stopped working, it would only work on one speed (high) which bypassed the resistor. And prior to the resistor going, the fan would make squeaking sounds when first starting or on low (#1). My guess was the increased load caused the resistor to blow.

I don't have auto climate, just simple dials. So, my question is, in the Mazda, did the fan work on a single speed that bypasses the resistor? The fan should always be there to provide some sort of air flow as that could be a safety issue with the defrost and in the winter. Were there any noises made by the fan prior to it not working?

Have you tested the resistor (thermal fuse) after the failure to see if it was really blown? Swap-tronics is never fun and can lead to a lot of unnecessary work. I guess the next thing is to see where the fan/resistor gets it signal from as that part may have a short in it or the wires to/from it are problematic. Could water be getting in there to cause a short? Are any other fuses blowing in the fuse panel?

If the fan isn't making any noises, it is probably still good and not causing any unnecessary resistance.

Do you have Automatic Climate Control? If your fan motor is working intermittently, usually its the controling issue. Replacing the resister and motor themselves wont work. Its possible the climate control module is acting up, or theres a loose connection somewhere. You may have to find some independent AC shop who knows the Mazda well, or go to Mazda dealer with Mazda diagnostic equipment to have better chance getting the problem fixed.
I do have ACC. What is the part called that I would need Ive searched for climate control module and dont find this on the websites I use to order parts.

I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The dealership replaced my fan blower motor three times (June 2019, August 2020, and April 2021). Taking my CX-5 back to dealership next week (September 2021) for the same ticking/tapping & low volume issues. I am thinking "WTF"!

I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The dealership replaced my fan blower motor three times (June 2019, August 2020, and April 2021). Taking my CX-5 back to dealership next week (September 2021) for the same ticking/tapping & low volume issues. I am thinking "WTF"!
I’ve noticed a ticking when my fan starts up, but it disappears after a few minutes. Volume is fine, but I just changed the cabin air filter, which got it back to normal. 16.5, original fan, 5 years old.

Had blower replaced once on my 2018 Touring and now having issues again. I never use ACC but the blower speed will fluctuate and fan seems like it’s makes more noise. Would this be related to the ACC or blower motor? Frustrating that this seems like possibly a common issue but not resolved

Back