Cold Weather help please!

grlambach

:
2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
I have a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 35K miles on it. This winter I have seen that the infotainment system has several glitches. When the temp gets down below freezing the navigation will not load, I just get the spinning wheel of death. I have also been experiencing a re-boot of the system while driving, sometimes 2 to 3 times in 10 minutes.

This did not happen the last two winters, just seems to be the last month or so. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

You are still under factory warranty, correct? if so take it in to the dealer and have them address the issue.

You are still under factory warranty, correct? if so take it in to the dealer and have them address the issue.

If only it were that easy! I did take it in and told them about the Navigation issue, their solution was to update the maps and tell me it was fixed. It got worse after that.

If only it were that easy! I did take it in and told them about the Navigation issue, their solution was to update the maps and tell me it was fixed. It got worse after that.

Take it to a different Mazda dealer! either that or move to somewhere warmer like Florida!

Last edited:

Make sure everything is up to date, and not just the maps. Check the software version in settings on the info system.

I have a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 35K miles on it. This winter I have seen that the infotainment system has several glitches. When the temp gets down below freezing the navigation will not load, I just get the spinning wheel of death. I have also been experiencing a re-boot of the system while driving, sometimes 2 to 3 times in 10 minutes.

This did not happen the last two winters, just seems to be the last month or so. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
That's strange because I have a 16 mazda6 GT as well and just this winter when it is cold out my infotainment will reboot randomly, sometimes 2 or 3 times on startup and once or twice while driving. Dealer has no idea (just like they had no idea about my 13 cx5 wind noise and/or mirror rattle)

Back