Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ereeku36 View Post
    I was hesitant to get the slide on tips, but they look good. I prefer the slant double walled look myself.

Was shared under accessories:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoV...DBspmugB-/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8K...AUnk0rCUG/view
    Nice, I like the look of those more than the ones I have, haha. Never came across them in my initial search.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkayes View Post
    Upgraded my 18" OEM wheels to Konig 20" Wheels.

Looks good, love the style. I think that when I upgrade my wheels/tires, I'd have to go to 22" to be happy, but I'm torn because the ride quality would suffer a bit.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Nice, I like the look of those more than the ones I have, haha. Never came across them in my initial search.

Looks good, love the style. I think that when I upgrade my wheels/tires, I'd have to go to 22" to be happy, but I'm torn because the ride quality would suffer a bit.
    22"s look good but didn't want to take a chance with the ride quality. So kind of played safe staying within factory specs.
    But specs wise a 22" tall 9" inch wide wheel with 255/40R22 Tires should keep everything within factory specs without having to recalibrate the speedometer.
    Last edited by ronkayes; 02-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.

22"s look good but didn't want to take a chance with the ride quality. So kind of played safe staying within factory specs.
    But specs wise a 22" tall 9" inch wide wheel with 255/40R22 Tires should keep everything within factory specs without having to recalibrate the speedometer.
    Yeah I've done 40 profile tires on 19s when I had my Lexus.

God I miss this car, and those wheels. I never should have sold them :'(

Anyway, I didn't mind it so much but I was good at dodging potholes, my GF (now wife) was not lol. I guess the good thing is that I no longer live in a city riddled with potholes and road work. Thanks for the size and tire spec recommendations btw, did you use an online calculator?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-9

Yeah I've done 40 profile tires on 19s when I had my Lexus.

God I miss this car, and those wheels. I never should have sold them :'(

Anyway, I didn't mind it so much but I was good at dodging potholes, my GF (now wife) was not lol. I guess the good thing is that I no longer live in a city riddled with potholes and road work. Thanks for the size and tire spec recommendations btw, did you use an online calculator?
    Nice wheels!!

BTW 255/50R22 might be difficult to find, the next best size to stay within specs is 265/40R22 are a bit easier to find.
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r20-265-40r22

Guest2018
    Upgraded my 18" OEM wheels to Konig 20" Wheels.

Nice looking open spoke twenties! Well done.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by Cessna CJ4 View Post
    Nice looking open spoke twenties! Well done.
    Thanks!!
    I think I should get slotted rotors just for cosmetic reasons as I see more of the rotors now than before.

Thanks!!
    I think I should get slotted rotors just for cosmetic reasons as I see more of the rotors now than before.
    Why stop at slotted.. get a BBK instead

https://corksport.com/2014-mazda-3-big-brake-kit.html
    http://pbbrakes.com/mazda-6-gj-13-up...brake-kit.html

Lol jk.. or am I? (lick)
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Guest2018
    Thanks!!
    Heck - especially with the openness of the wheel package you selected. That would seem to be the only way to go, quite honestly. Should look awesome.

Slotted and Drilled. Very nice, indeed. Hmmmm. I'm getting some good conceptual ideas here. I've got White Pearl paint. If I went open spoke like ronkayes, drilled & slotted like sm1ke - then what color calipers would you go for?

What about something completely off the wall and different... like... Orange colored Calipers. Anything goes with White, right. Or, would that be too far off the reserve? Maybe, with the Napa Leather interior color, a Bronze Caliper set might work - but I'm afraid it could be to subdued in tone. Maybe a Metallic Bronze Caliper would appear a little better down there(?).

I want Pop, not Bling. Not into Bling for Bling sake.

Something like:

Last edited by Guest2018; 02-02-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cessna CJ4 View Post
    Slotted and Drilled. Very nice, indeed. Hmmmm. I'm getting some good conceptual ideas here. I've got White Pearl paint. If I went open spoke like ronkayes, drilled & slotted like sm1ke - then what color calipers would you go for?

What about something completely off the wall and different... like... Orange colored Calipers. Anything goes with White, right. Or, would that be too far off the reserve? Maybe, with the Napa Leather interior color, a Bronze Caliper set might work - but I'm afraid it could be to subdued in tone. Maybe a Metallic Bronze Caliper would appear a little better down there(?).

I want Pop, not Bling. Not into Bling for Bling sake.
    What about Tiffany Blue? It's a fairly common option among the "tuner" crowd, but I think it provides the pop without contrasting with the white too much. Or is this more of a teal green colour?

Can't really go wrong with the trusty red calipers on white either.

Guest2018
    What about Tiffany Blue? It's a fairly common option among the "tuner" crowd, but I think it provides the pop without contrasting with the white too much. Or is this more of a teal green colour? Can't really go wrong with the trusty red calipers on white either.
    That particular Blue looks like against the White! I'm also thinking about a full Wrap and that shade of Blue really looks interesting. I'm trying to visualize this on the CX-9 (minus black wheels - not a fan). Finding something that went well with those Napa Leather seats would be the hat trick. I think all the Wrap colors and finishes here work with the Signature seats:

Last edited by Guest2018; 02-05-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Registered Member

CX-9 GT

LED Visor lights

I added LED bulbs to the visor lights instead of the incandescent bulbs. The white lights look so much better. I did the License plate bulbs too but no picture yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 FOR VISOR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 FOR PLATES
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twoshey; 02-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoshey View Post
    I added LED bulbs to the visor lights instead of the incandescent bulbs. The white lights look so much better. I did the License plate bulbs too but no picture yet.
    Looks good!

The visor lights are probably the only ones I won't be changing over on my car. My wife likes the incandescent lighting as it's colour temperature is closer to natural light.

On that note, does anyone know what bulb type, size, and voltage will fit in the interior cargo light on the liftgate? Would this fit?
    Festoon type, 31mm x 13mm x 8mm (LxWxH), 12 volt.
    https://www.amazon.com/KAFEE-DE3175-...-9+cargo+light

Also thinking about these for the reverse lights, will they fit?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...QXPSM323&psc=1

Today I drove the 9 to work after an overnight snowfall that left ~25cm (10") of the white stuff on the roads. The car handled the worst spots as well as can be expected with all-seasons (Bridgestone Ecopia EP422), and thanks to the quick and efficient efforts of the City's snow clearing services, I actually got to work 10 minutes early. I was expecting to be 10 minutes late due to the conditions and the over-cautious (30km in 70km) drivers lol. I'm definitely picking up a set of winter tires to throw on for next year.

Registered Member

CX-9 GT

Today I added some chrome accents on the lift gate and the rear bumper that I found on Ebay. Wasn't to thrilled about them just being held on by tape but put them on anyway. I have the hood piece as well but haven't added it yet. Still a lil Gun shy. Lets see how these hold up before I do the hood.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twoshey; 02-11-2018 at 07:35 PM.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

^^ That looks pretty good. That lower garnish looks particularly interesting. Lot better than the factory surrounds on the new Limited Highlanders or even the MDX.

Few things came in the mail yesterday.

Armrest organizer. This piece is nicely made, and was packaged very well, but I'm not sure if I'll continue using it. When you put it into the armrest compartment, it completely covers the USB/AUX ports and restricts access to the storage area underneath it. This would be fine if it was easy to lift out, but its actually quite hard to remove the organizer once its in there. Pretty disappointed in this, especially after a few members here said it was a "must-have".

IMG_20180212_203748.jpg

**Edit** I wonder if maybe I got the wrong one? Is there more than one armrest organizer for the second gen CX-9?

Oil catch can. Not installed yet, probably won't install until it get warmer out. Looks fine though, and should do the job. Will not be using the tubing they provided though.

IMG_20180212_204637.jpg

"CF" gear shift overlay. Another bad purchase. I emailed the seller to see if this might fit the CX-9 with the expectation that they would say no. They said it would fit, so I decided to give it a shot in the off chance that they sent me one that would fit (i.e. not ethe one in the photos). Turns out I got the one in the photos, so I'm going to send it back.

IMG_20180212_205111.jpg
    Last edited by sm1ke; 02-14-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast