Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Quote Originally Posted by Streamatic View Post
    Love the CF exhaust tip. Is it real CF? Looks like it's akrapovic?

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Gave it a proper wash and then coated with P&S BeadMaker. Heard lots of good things about this stuff. We'll see how it holds up.

I didn't bother with cleaning the wheels since they'll be coming off soon. Still need to treat the 22s with BeadMaker before I put them on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Montana/Arizona

2018.5 CX-9 AWD GT

Oil change at 9600 miles. Dealer said they did it when they listed the vehicle for sale at 5500 miles but who know's. I treated it to some Mobil 1 5w 30. I figure with this turbo 5k intervals might make sense. Rotated the OEM Falkens. I'm not a big fan of these tires and it looks like they will be good for about 25k miles and then I'll throw some better tires on. Probably Michelin Defender LTX's.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015

Installed Sealight H11 Leds on my Foggies...

Night time driving is now a joy with these babies complimenting the Osram Night breaker Laser HIDs.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by 274HP View Post
    Installed Sealight H11 Leds on my Foggies...

Night time driving is now a joy with these babies complimenting the Osram Night breaker Laser HIDs.
    Are the Sealight H11s direct replacements or do they require modification to replace the stock fog lights? How does the brightness compare?

Quote Originally Posted by 19CX9 View Post
    Are the Sealight H11s direct replacements or do they require modification to replace the stock fog lights? How does the brightness compare?
    I think 274HP has a 2015 CX-9, according to the vehicle info under their username. The 2nd gen's fog lights have LEDs integrated into the housing, not LED bulbs, so the LEDs can't be replaced. At least according to Mazda. The manual states to replace the entire fog light assembly/housing if the LEDs fail.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD

Quote Originally Posted by prulex View Post
    Picked up my 4 month old CX-9 with 4000 miles on the odometer from the auto body shop. Wife had a bit of a mishap changing lanes and contacted another vehicle causing slight damage. Scuffed the right side of the front bumper and gouged the front wheel. They were able to repair the bumper and give it a total respray as the damage was not deep, but they had to install a brand new wheel. Looks like new, as it should. Unfortunately the resale value took a hit of probably 20%. Looks like we're keeping it long term...
    I'm going to disagree that a car being in an accident is an automatic 20% hit in value. There is a cost, but a lot of that cost is based on the type of accident that the car was in. A severe accident where the car is totaled will mean that even with a rebuilt title, you'll lose between 35% and 50% of the vehicle's value depending on the accident. A severe accident that doesn't result in a car being totaled could give you a 20% hit. A minor accident with limited repair costs may have little to no impact. We just traded in a 13 year old Mustang that had been involved in a minor accident which required the replacement of the rear bumper cover. The police were called because it was a multiple car accident with at least one vehicle suffering severe damage. We took a small hit in value on the trade in because of the prior accident (around 5%?). We did have the paperwork that we showed the dealer that proved that the repair was only $700....so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlandcoug View Post
    I'm going to disagree that a car being in an accident is an automatic 20% hit in value. There is a cost, but a lot of that cost is based on the type of accident that the car was in. A severe accident where the car is totaled will mean that even with a rebuilt title, you'll lose between 35% and 50% of the vehicle's value depending on the accident. A severe accident that doesn't result in a car being totaled could give you a 20% hit. A minor accident with limited repair costs may have little to no impact. We just traded in a 13 year old Mustang that had been involved in a minor accident which required the replacement of the rear bumper cover. The police were called because it was a multiple car accident with at least one vehicle suffering severe damage. We took a small hit in value on the trade in because of the prior accident (around 5%?). We did have the paperwork that we showed the dealer that proved that the repair was only $700....so there is that.
    I think the fact that it was a minor hit, as well as the detail and documentation you provided, led to the hit on value being so small. If the accident was generalized as "rear bumper damage and replacement", with no other details provided, a potential buyer would assume the worst and reduce their asking price accordingly.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Got the wheels on yesterday afternoon, when it was nice and warm out. Unfortunately it snowed a little this morning, so the car is dirty again lol.

I'm still waiting on the custom center caps I ordered from Vossen, but I think I'm happy with the way the wheels look on the car. It might have looked more cohesive if I went with the silver finish to match the chrome bits, but I didn't want it to look like every other grey SUV with silver/chrome aftermarket wheels.

Maybe I'll do something with the bits of chrome..

I've only driven it around the block and to work this morning, so I can't really say too much about how the car drives. My first impressions are that the ride on the 285/35/22 tires is still quite close to how it felt with 255/50/20 tires. Bumps and road imperfections are just slightly more harsh than with the OEM tires; I'd bet that my wife wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. Road noise is, of course, quieter than the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2s, but I think the Bridgestone Ecopias that came on the CX-9 were a little quieter than the Nexen Roadian HPs I have now. I haven't really pushed the car or taken the RPMs past 3500 yet. The extra width is definitely noticeable upon turn-in and steering response. The slight decrease in unsprung weight from the lighter wheels and titanium lug nuts might be too small to be felt in day to day driving, but hopefully it results in a slight increase in mileage.

Here's a few pics. Based on the last photo, I want to add 5mm spacers to the rear to push them out a tiny bit more to match the front. IMO a 10.5 width with a +30 offset is just a hair too aggressive for my tastes, but I can work with it

Also, figured I should mention something that I noticed while I was swapping wheels. The dust boot on the front shocks comes loose very easily (the dust boots on my Civic's were loose as well). Not a big deal, I don't think it affects the damper in any significant way, just thought I'd mention it in case you want to pull the boot down on your own car. You can do it without taking the wheels off too.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT AWD in Soul Red

That looks sharp! Any plans on lowering it to get rid of some wheel gap?

Quote Originally Posted by azuzu View Post
    That looks sharp! Any plans on lowering it to get rid of some wheel gap?
    Yeah, I'd love to, but the only options available right now are a custom coilover kit from a company called SunWorks in Japan, or a custom coilover kit from Tein USA. Both options are $$$$$. A cheaper option like lowering springs would be right up my alley, but nobody makes them. It makes sense because so few people would actually lower their CX-9s, but still..

EDIT: Looking at the car from the rear, I think I might need to get some wider mudflaps.
    Last edited by sm1ke; 04-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Registered Member

2018 CX9 Sig

Those look very nice sm1ke, congratulations.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT AWD in Soul Red

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to, but the only options available right now are a custom coilover kit from a company called SunWorks in Japan, or a custom coilover kit from Tein USA. Both options are $$$$$. A cheaper option like lowering springs would be right up my alley, but nobody makes them. It makes sense because so few people would actually lower their CX-9s, but still..

EDIT: Looking at the car from the rear, I think I might need to get some wider mudflaps.
    Oof, maybe a one time group buy from Corksport with payment upfront for some lowering springs lol.

Let me know if you find wider mud flaps. The OEM is so dinky I think it serves very little purpose as mud flaps.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

Thanks sm1ke, I missed that. I previously participated in a forum that separated comment areas by generation so I don't catch that sometimes.
    Last edited by 19CX9; 04-16-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast