Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Funny you mention that, I just ordered this over the weekend because of the piano black gear shift surround:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mazda-C...taLCvl&vxp=mtr

It says its for the CX-5, but I thought it might fit the 9 as well. I emailed the seller and they confirmed that it will, but who knows. I'll post when it comes in. The trim still looks new on mine, so hopefully I can keep it that way until this comes in. If this doesn't work/look good, I'm going to attempt a DIY CF wrap.

Nice! I really like the OEM all-weather mats. Do you have part/bulb numbers for the rear turn signal bulbs and the reverse bulbs? And did you use one of the guides on the forum to remove the tail light housing?

This is what I got for the reverse leds

I did not replace the turn signals as I dont want to ruin the OEM wirings and install a resistor just to avoid hyperflashing.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

I made an appointment to have my running boards installed since I can't figure out how to remove a clip for the side skirts without breaking it. I also removed the front splash guards since they'll be in the way. Not at all as productive as I had hoped.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

I picked up a tow hitch and wiring harness from e-trailer, updated Gracenote and updated my mapset.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ChemGirl View Post
    I made an appointment to have my running boards installed since I can't figure out how to remove a clip for the side skirts without breaking it. I also removed the front splash guards since they'll be in the way. Not at all as productive as I had hoped.
    Good on you for attempting it first. Do you have a picture of the problematic clip for future reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    I picked up a tow hitch and wiring harness from e-trailer, updated Gracenote and updated my mapset.
    I had to google Gracenote. How do you like it compared to Mazda Connect and Android Auto (if you've tried AA)?

Few more things came in. Exhaust tips, clear vinyl, CF vinyl, and CF door sill garnishes. I haven't installed/test fitted any of these yet. The door sill garnishes I had ordered before I bought the car, and didn't realize that there's really nowhere to put them lol. May just sell them locally. The exhaust tips are much bigger than I was expecting.. will probably get rid of them if I don't like the way they look when installed.

IMG_20180123_213447.jpg

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX9 GT Crystal Blue

sm1ke- I bet you'll be returning or selling the dash cover you ordered too. The CX5 is similar but not the same as the CX9 console. If you find one that fits please post it here. I am looking for something similar. I'll probably just have it wrapped.

I had to google Gracenote. How do you like it compared to Mazda Connect and Android Auto (if you've tried AA)?
    Gracenote is part of the Mazda Connect, and they issue periodic updates, they just issued v8.00 see the link below.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.c...language=en-NA

I haven't used AA, only Carplay (obviously not in the Mazda, but in various rental cars).

Looks like your parts list is growing nicely! (popcorn)
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
    sm1ke- I bet you'll be returning or selling the dash cover you ordered too. The CX5 is similar but not the same as the CX9 console. If you find one that fits please post it here. I am looking for something similar. I'll probably just have it wrapped.
    I'll be annoyed if it doesn't fit, especially after the seller saying it will. I'll keep you posted for sure.

Gracenote is part of the Mazda Connect, and they issue periodic updates, they just issued v8.00 see the link below.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.c...language=en-NA

I haven't used AA, only Carplay (obviously not in the Mazda, but in various rental cars).

Looks like your parts list is growing nicely! (popcorn)
    Good to know, thank you! And yeah, it's just small stuff. I've been itching to make this car mine as I've been driving my wife's Civic for a few years now, and there no way I would spend any more than I had to on it (outside of routine maintenance). We've gone a full winter and spring season without washing the car once, that's how little we care about it lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

Good on you for attempting it first. Do you have a picture of the problematic clip for future reference?
    [IMG][/IMG]

The directions say to remove the clip at 23cm. I don't see any way to remove this clip. I suppose I could remove the entire side skirt to gain better access, but I just don't have time for that. The middle bracket is easy because it uses existing bolts.

https://imgur.com/rjqxyVC

Quote Originally Posted by ChemGirl View Post
    The directions say to remove the clip at 23cm. I don't see any way to remove this clip. I suppose I could remove the entire side skirt to gain better access, but I just don't have time for that. The middle bracket is easy because it uses existing bolts.

https://imgur.com/rjqxyVC
    I see. I probably would have given up on it too after spending some time trying to fiddle with it.. I wonder if they use some sort of prying tool for clips like that.

Got around to mounting the hitch, a bit of a pain without an extra pair of hands, but my floor jack came in handy!

The box arrived pretty beat up, but the hitch itself was ok.

Got around to mounting the hitch, a bit of a pain without an extra pair of hands, but my floor jack came in handy!

The box arrived pretty beat up, but the hitch itself was ok.
    Nice! Look at that undercarriage, so nice and clean.. mine looks like ass right now with all the slush and road salt.

Exhaust tips came in about a week ago. I wanted to wait until my car was clean to take photos, but the weather isn't getting better anytime soon, so dirty car it is, lol. I got these from eBay. Install was incredibly easy, even for exhaust tips. They just slide over the OEM tips. There is a hole at the bottom if you want to screw them into the OEM tip, but they didn't come with any hardware and I'm not sure what size screw you would use.

IMG_20180131_132817.jpg

Here are some comparisons of the OEM tips vs. the new ones..

exhaust comparison 1.jpg

exhaust comparison 2.jpg

.. and here are pics of the tips installed.

IMG_20180131_121950.jpg

IMG_20180131_122130.jpg

I wasn't sure what to expect with these as they look very bulky in the photos, but I don't mind the look of them at all. They fill up some of the space between the tip and the bumper's exhaust cutout. If I could find a pair that fill out that space a little more and are also slant-cut to match the curve of the bumper, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. For now, these will do just fine.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9

I was hesitant to get the slide on tips, but they look good. I prefer the slant double walled look myself.

Was shared under accessories:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoV...DBspmugB-/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8K...AUnk0rCUG/view
    Last edited by ereeku36; 01-31-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Registered Member

CX-9

Upgraded my 18" OEM wheels to Konig 20" Wheels.

Last edited by ronkayes; 02-01-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by ereeku36 View Post
    I was hesitant to get the slide on tips, but they look good. I prefer the slant double walled look myself.

Was shared under accessories:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoV...DBspmugB-/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8K...AUnk0rCUG/view
    Looks awesome!!
    Do you mind sharing the link to the ebay seller where bought these from?
    Last edited by ronkayes; 02-01-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast