What have you done to your CX-9 today?

sm1ke- I bet you'll be returning or selling the dash cover you ordered too. The CX5 is similar but not the same as the CX9 console. If you find one that fits please post it here. I am looking for something similar. I'll probably just have it wrapped.

I'll be annoyed if it doesn't fit, especially after the seller saying it will. I'll keep you posted for sure.

Gracenote is part of the Mazda Connect, and they issue periodic updates, they just issued v8.00 see the link below.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/howto-updategracenote?language=en-NA

I haven't used AA, only Carplay (obviously not in the Mazda, but in various rental cars).

Looks like your parts list is growing nicely! (popcorn)

Good to know, thank you! And yeah, it's just small stuff. I've been itching to make this car mine as I've been driving my wife's Civic for a few years now, and there no way I would spend any more than I had to on it (outside of routine maintenance). We've gone a full winter and spring season without washing the car once, that's how little we care about it lol

Good on you for attempting it first. Do you have a picture of the problematic clip for future reference?

a>

The directions say to remove the clip at 23cm. I don't see any way to remove this clip. I suppose I could remove the entire side skirt to gain better access, but I just don't have time for that. The middle bracket is easy because it uses existing bolts.

https://imgur.com/rjqxyVC

The directions say to remove the clip at 23cm. I don't see any way to remove this clip. I suppose I could remove the entire side skirt to gain better access, but I just don't have time for that. The middle bracket is easy because it uses existing bolts.

https://imgur.com/rjqxyVC

I see. I probably would have given up on it too after spending some time trying to fiddle with it.. I wonder if they use some sort of prying tool for clips like that.

Got around to mounting the hitch, a bit of a pain without an extra pair of hands, but my floor jack came in handy!
ffba02b590e2ae79be61a6b8728400f0.jpg

f3f6bff605d63981fff78ff407d6b157.jpg

790ea9111d9417c577fcbbb5ba7bfa88.jpg

af2b71dcb791da6e9c959f674ae596d7.jpg

The box arrived pretty beat up, but the hitch itself was ok.

Got around to mounting the hitch, a bit of a pain without an extra pair of hands, but my floor jack came in handy!

The box arrived pretty beat up, but the hitch itself was ok.

Nice! Look at that undercarriage, so nice and clean.. mine looks like ass right now with all the slush and road salt.

Exhaust tips came in about a week ago. I wanted to wait until my car was clean to take photos, but the weather isn't getting better anytime soon, so dirty car it is, lol. I got these from eBay. Install was incredibly easy, even for exhaust tips. They just slide over the OEM tips. There is a hole at the bottom if you want to screw them into the OEM tip, but they didn't come with any hardware and I'm not sure what size screw you would use.

attachment.php

IMG_20180131_132817.jpg

Here are some comparisons of the OEM tips vs. the new ones..
attachment.php

exhaust comparison 1.jpg
attachment.php

exhaust comparison 2.jpg

.. and here are pics of the tips installed.

attachment.php

IMG_20180131_121950.jpg
attachment.php

IMG_20180131_122130.jpg

I wasn't sure what to expect with these as they look very bulky in the photos, but I don't mind the look of them at all. They fill up some of the space between the tip and the bumper's exhaust cutout. If I could find a pair that fill out that space a little more and are also slant-cut to match the curve of the bumper, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. For now, these will do just fine.

I was hesitant to get the slide on tips, but they look good. I prefer the slant double walled look myself.

Was shared under accessories:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoVKq5maeP8iQBx6wEHMokoDBspmugB-/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8KlQ7m5yig0-8X-B1jIxYDAUnk0rCUG/view

Nice, I like the look of those more than the ones I have, haha. Never came across them in my initial search.

Upgraded my 18" OEM wheels to Konig 20" Wheels.

20180131_080847-01_1.jpg

20180131_165057-01.jpg

Looks good, love the style. I think that when I upgrade my wheels/tires, I'd have to go to 22" to be happy, but I'm torn because the ride quality would suffer a bit.

Nice, I like the look of those more than the ones I have, haha. Never came across them in my initial search.

Looks good, love the style. I think that when I upgrade my wheels/tires, I'd have to go to 22" to be happy, but I'm torn because the ride quality would suffer a bit.

22"s look good but didn't want to take a chance with the ride quality. So kind of played safe staying within factory specs.
But specs wise a 22" tall 9" inch wide wheel with 255/40R22 Tires should keep everything within factory specs without having to recalibrate the speedometer.

Last edited:
22"s look good but didn't want to take a chance with the ride quality. So kind of played safe staying within factory specs.
But specs wise a 22" tall 9" inch wide wheel with 255/40R22 Tires should keep everything within factory specs without having to recalibrate the speedometer.

Yeah I've done 40 profile tires on 19s when I had my Lexus.

10257302544_d7d0651c13_h.jpg

10256691464_a8be9e4e71_h.jpg

God I miss this car, and those wheels. I never should have sold them :'(

Anyway, I didn't mind it so much but I was good at dodging potholes, my GF (now wife) was not lol. I guess the good thing is that I no longer live in a city riddled with potholes and road work. Thanks for the size and tire spec recommendations btw, did you use an online calculator?

Yeah I've done 40 profile tires on 19s when I had my Lexus.

10257302544_d7d0651c13_h.jpg

10256691464_a8be9e4e71_h.jpg

God I miss this car, and those wheels. I never should have sold them :'(

Anyway, I didn't mind it so much but I was good at dodging potholes, my GF (now wife) was not lol. I guess the good thing is that I no longer live in a city riddled with potholes and road work. Thanks for the size and tire spec recommendations btw, did you use an online calculator?

Nice wheels!!

BTW 255/50R22 might be difficult to find, the next best size to stay within specs is 265/40R22 are a bit easier to find.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-50r20-265-40r22

Thanks!!
I think I should get slotted rotors just for cosmetic reasons as I see more of the rotors now than before.

Heck - especially with the openness of the wheel package you selected. That would seem to be the only way to go, quite honestly. Should look awesome.

Slotted and Drilled. Very nice, indeed. Hmmmm. I'm getting some good conceptual ideas here. I've got White Pearl paint. If I went open spoke like ronkayes, drilled & slotted like sm1ke - then what color calipers would you go for?

What about something completely off the wall and different... like... Orange colored Calipers. Anything goes with White, right. Or, would that be too far off the reserve? Maybe, with the Napa Leather interior color, a Bronze Caliper set might work - but I'm afraid it could be to subdued in tone. Maybe a Metallic Bronze Caliper would appear a little better down there(?).

I want Pop, not Bling. Not into Bling for Bling sake.

Something like:

uZuhGA6loowtcyvioFGQZLZKgyjOS4.png

Last edited:
Slotted and Drilled. Very nice, indeed. Hmmmm. I'm getting some good conceptual ideas here. I've got White Pearl paint. If I went open spoke like ronkayes, drilled & slotted like sm1ke - then what color calipers would you go for?

What about something completely off the wall and different... like... Orange colored Calipers. Anything goes with White, right. Or, would that be too far off the reserve? Maybe, with the Napa Leather interior color, a Bronze Caliper set might work - but I'm afraid it could be to subdued in tone. Maybe a Metallic Bronze Caliper would appear a little better down there(?).

I want Pop, not Bling. Not into Bling for Bling sake.

What about Tiffany Blue? It's a fairly common option among the "tuner" crowd, but I think it provides the pop without contrasting with the white too much. Or is this more of a teal green colour? (shrug)

attachment.php

3831440771_22ebce6fb5_o.jpg

Can't really go wrong with the trusty red calipers on white either.

What about Tiffany Blue? It's a fairly common option among the "tuner" crowd, but I think it provides the pop without contrasting with the white too much. Or is this more of a teal green colour? (shrug) Can't really go wrong with the trusty red calipers on white either.

That particular Blue looks like against the White! I'm also thinking about a full Wrap and that shade of Blue really looks interesting. I'm trying to visualize this on the CX-9 (minus black wheels - not a fan). Finding something that went well with those Napa Leather seats would be the hat trick. I think all the Wrap colors and finishes here work with the Signature seats:

sVIsclfyRhXu4aOXMFoOhE3grcrcnw.png

ap8oewJJQeZrY7uDl7f4qQhjrdr9Fh.png

dBy2EUJtKdK5UUHDvvZthZYuPxAw0P.png

XGszivn0vXu420leqImfHjwhFxhGuZ.png

oGzNRATyxiJoA1m75SMHSShPHlAJhV.png

phSjiPuzWC3TjRikLZbGXbVHpPybSx.png

n9O2WVQRkSdk8KY2g0nlaoCmVcdk4B.png

Vyo68PlIT1xShbYDf2PKRytM92OK7b.png

LptqLOsXgC5OtNzskMvmDhTT0TwReN.png

Last edited:
Back