What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I touched up a paint chip on the trunk.. wife opened the trunk while the garage door was closed and it hit a metal hinge. (gah)

I touched up a paint chip on the trunk.. wife opened the trunk while the garage door was closed and it hit a metal hinge. (gah)

Ouch!!! Are you two back to talking terms yet???

On the other hand, check out that mpg figure. That must be an all-time low!

I wish that was considered low for me. I haven’t broken 20 yet since I got my 2018 GT last month. Currently at 15 mpg. Guess I need to ease up on that turbo! zoom-zoom!

That's why I wrapped foam around the hinges and brackets in my garage door in case the tailgate is accidentally opened...knock on wood it hasn't happened yet

Ouch!!! Are you two back to talking terms yet???

Lol it wasn't that big of a mark haha.

... But yes, we are speaking again. haha

That's why I wrapped foam around the hinges and brackets in my garage door in case the tailgate is accidentally opened...knock on wood it hasn't happened yet

Good idea, I'll probably end up doing that as well. Don't know why I thought to put foam on the garage walls to prevent door dings, but didn't think to put foam on the metal hinges on the garage door.

Somehow, the plastic molding at the front of the front passenger door detached from the peg holding it in place. It looks like it slides on but I'm not sure if I should mess with it myself or take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

Did an Optimum No Rinse wash and HyperSeal dry today between thunderstorms. I'm quite happy with the results!
9373e77d87ec985421d7e0baeee35f2b.jpg

Quoting for a new page..

Thanks for doing this! Looks like a muffler delete. Going by the butt dyno, do you notice any difference while driving, besides the sound?

^^^ This!!

This might all be in my head especially with the added sound effects but it seems the throttle response is a little better.

The sound is not annoying at all which is what I was slightly worried about. It is not loud at all which is kind of surprising. The sound level is just slightly louder than an stock infiniti G37 or a Porsche Cayenne. It is still quieter than a lot of stock performance cars like a Porsche 911.

IMO the CX-9 didn't need that muffler from the factory.

Back