What have you done to your CX-9 today?

My own car has been installed. This is the result of testing a lot of led bulbs. The bulb is perfect! I only have one set. I hope people with needs can get them. And share my results, I'm not for profit. Now my car is full of leds, perfect!

Over the weekend, I upgraded the reverse light bulbs to LEDs and upgraded the cargo light halogen bulb to LED. I also documented the process and posted guides in the CX-9 How-To subforum.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...6-CX-9-Reverse-light-bulb-replacement-upgrade

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...ion-CX-9-Cargo-light-bulb-replacement-upgrade

attachment.php

attachment.php

This weekend installed LED bulbs in the interior and rear license plate lights. Also ordered the Maxpider Kagu black floor liners - should deliver tomorrow!

This weekend installed LED bulbs in the interior and rear license plate lights. Also ordered the Maxpider Kagu black floor liners - should deliver tomorrow!

Nice! I've heard good things about the Maxspider liners. Post pics when you get them, I'd like to see how they fit in the CX-9.

My turn signal LED bulbs came in yesterday, so I installed them. It was a hell of a lot easier than I expected it to be, haha.

Also, air suspension is installed and operational! Here's my CX-9, fully aired out.

attachment.php

2018-03-28_10-33-18.jpg

LOL just kidding. I would love an air ride kit, but unless I come across $10k on the ground, it's not happening.

Filmed a video showing how to remove the rear tail lamp assembly for bulb replacements/upgrades. Posted in the How To section, but here it is again.

My turn signal LED bulbs came in yesterday, so I installed them. It was a hell of a lot easier than I expected it to be, haha.

Also, air suspension is installed and operational! Here's my CX-9, fully aired out.

attachment.php

View attachment 218879

LOL just kidding. I would love an air ride kit, but unless I come across $10k on the ground, it's not happening.
You got me, I was about to ask for side shot! Is that PS or snow build up?

You got me, I was about to ask for side shot! Is that PS or snow build up?

It's just snow build up. The city gets lazy with clearing public residential roads, so all of the accumulation builds up while our landscapers clear the walkways, sidewalks, and driveways.

Could you share which LED bulbs were used for the license plate lights? I ordered a pair on Amazon last year that said CX-9 GT 2016 compatible but did not work (could not fully insert the bulbs). Thanks.

This past weekend, I drove my '18 CX-9 Sig over to Red Deer (1.25 hr drive) to meet my sales guy. He drove over from Leduc. We swapped cars (he had a '17 CX-9 GS-L in Jet Black as a loaner) so they could take care of a few things and get one of the free oil changes done at the dealership. Drove it for a couple of days, then met up with the sales guy in Red Deer again to swap back.

I gotta say, when I had the GS-L, I really missed the ADD, the radar cruise control, and surprisingly, the Bose system. The standard audio system isn't terrible, but there is quite a difference. The ride quality was a little bit smoother due to the 18" wheels, which was nice, but I found that the car didn't handle turns as well (might have been the tires, they were Yokohama Geolanders). Seats felt pretty similar to Signature seats, minus the thigh support adjustment. The piano black trim was an eyesore (not a surprise as piano black scratches very easily and this was a loaner car). Overall, really happy with my decision to go with the Signature trim and the MGM paint. Also, mileage on my CX-9 for the trip averaged 9.3L/100km, or just over 25 mpg.

I also bought an aftermarket set of aluminum pedals on eBay yesterday.

Last edited:
Back