Attachments

• visor light normal.jpg
    visor light normal.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 436
  • visor light led.jpg
    visor light led.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
I added LED bulbs to the visor lights instead of the incandescent bulbs. The white lights look so much better. I did the License plate bulbs too but no picture yet.

Looks good!

The visor lights are probably the only ones I won't be changing over on my car. My wife likes the incandescent lighting as it's colour temperature is closer to natural light.

On that note, does anyone know what bulb type, size, and voltage will fit in the interior cargo light on the liftgate? Would this fit?
Festoon type, 31mm x 13mm x 8mm (LxWxH), 12 volt.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Also thinking about these for the reverse lights, will they fit?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Today I drove the 9 to work after an overnight snowfall that left ~25cm (10") of the white stuff on the roads. The car handled the worst spots as well as can be expected with all-seasons (Bridgestone Ecopia EP422), and thanks to the quick and efficient efforts of the City's snow clearing services, I actually got to work 10 minutes early. I was expecting to be 10 minutes late due to the conditions and the over-cautious (30km in 70km) drivers lol. I'm definitely picking up a set of winter tires to throw on for next year.

Today I added some chrome accents on the lift gate and the rear bumper that I found on Ebay. Wasn't to thrilled about them just being held on by tape but put them on anyway. I have the hood piece as well but haven't added it yet. Still a lil Gun shy. Lets see how these hold up before I do the hood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180211_155652hightlights3.jpg
    20180211_155652hightlights3.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 2,302
  • 20180211_155637highlight2.jpg
    20180211_155637highlight2.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 2,325
  • 20180211_155659highlight 4.jpg
    20180211_155659highlight 4.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 2,320
Last edited:
^^ That looks pretty good. That lower garnish looks particularly interesting. Lot better than the factory surrounds on the new Limited Highlanders or even the MDX.

Few things came in the mail yesterday.

Armrest organizer. This piece is nicely made, and was packaged very well, but I'm not sure if I'll continue using it. When you put it into the armrest compartment, it completely covers the USB/AUX ports and restricts access to the storage area underneath it. This would be fine if it was easy to lift out, but its actually quite hard to remove the organizer once its in there. Pretty disappointed in this, especially after a few members here said it was a "must-have". (notcool)
attachment.php

IMG_20180212_203748.jpg

**Edit** I wonder if maybe I got the wrong one? Is there more than one armrest organizer for the second gen CX-9?

Oil catch can. Not installed yet, probably won't install until it get warmer out. Looks fine though, and should do the job. Will not be using the tubing they provided though.
attachment.php

IMG_20180212_204637.jpg

"CF" gear shift overlay. Another bad purchase. I emailed the seller to see if this might fit the CX-9 with the expectation that they would say no. They said it would fit, so I decided to give it a shot in the off chance that they sent me one that would fit (i.e. not ethe one in the photos). Turns out I got the one in the photos, so I'm going to send it back.
attachment.php

IMG_20180212_205111.jpg

Last edited:
Carid.com makes interior dash kits in carbon fiber, wood laminates and aluminum...just to name a few. I just ordered the real rosewood kit. I used a carid dash kit on a GMC some years ago. The fit and finish were spot on.
I just got my first Mazda. CX9 with 2.5 turbo. It's really fun to drive. I'm very happy with it. I switched from the Lincoln MKX and I'm much happier. I'm going to snoop around this site and see what performance upgrades
people are using like exhaust, chips etc.

new nose bonnet

I went ahead and put it on today. Missed alignment but its hard to tell. I tried to take it off and re position it but it cracked so I decided to leave it as is. I'm still happy with the look.

attachment.php

Attachments

• grill lid.jpg
    grill lid.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 2,474
Last edited:
The weather was nicer yesterday, so I finally installed the in-channel window visors I bought last month. Here are a couple of pics from this morning (sorry the car is dirty lol).

attachment.php

IMG_20180228_074610.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_20180228_074625.jpg

Pretty happy with them, install was a breeze. I also like the additional coverage by the side mirror. IMO these look way better than the ones that attach to the outside of the door.

All I did today was buy 445 lbs of weight plates and load them into the trunk to bring them home, haha.

attachment.php

Dash kit

Carid.com makes interior dash kits in carbon fiber, wood laminates and aluminum...just to name a few. I just ordered the real rosewood kit. I used a carid dash kit on a GMC some years ago. The fit and finish were spot on.
I just got my first Mazda. CX9 with 2.5 turbo. It's really fun to drive. I'm very happy with it. I switched from the Lincoln MKX and I'm much happier. I'm going to snoop around this site and see what performance upgrades
people are using like exhaust, chips etc.

Hi Chopper

Do you have pictures of the dash kit installed? Im on the fence right now.

Thanks

Forgot to post this, but the other day I got a functional trainer (for free (dance)). All I had to do was disassemble it and get it out of their place.

Here's a pic of the trainer before disassembly:
attachment.php

IMG_20180306_181317_HHT.jpg

And here it is loaded up into the CX-9:
attachment.php

IMG_20180306_205444.jpg

The weather was nicer yesterday, so I finally installed the in-channel window visors I bought last month. Here are a couple of pics from this morning (sorry the car is dirty lol).

attachment.php

View attachment 218631

attachment.php

View attachment 218632

Pretty happy with them, install was a breeze. I also like the additional coverage by the side mirror. IMO these look way better than the ones that attach to the outside of the door.

How have these held up over the past few weeks?

Still like them?

How have these held up over the past few weeks?

Still like them?

They're holding up great. It's been pretty cold over the past couple of months, but we had a warm day yesterday so I rolled the windows down to see how well the visors were mounted. Gave them a good amount of force while pushing/pulling on them, and they didn't budge. I'd definitely buy again.

They're holding up great. It's been pretty cold over the past couple of months, but we had a warm day yesterday so I rolled the windows down to see how well the visors were mounted. Gave them a good amount of force while pushing/pulling on them, and they didn't budge. I'd definitely buy again.

Edit: I only tried the driver's and passenger's front guards yesterday. Those are solid. When I got home after work, I tested the rear window guards. They hold great along the top edge, but are not sticking to the short edges (where they are supposed to adhere to the B-pillar and C-pillar). This is likely because I installed the rear guards a couple of weeks beforehand, on a day that was not as warm (-10c vs +4c). They do include a repair kit for fixing cracks and such in the box, along with adhesion promoter and some extra 3M tape. When it gets warmer I'll take the rears off and reinstall them correctly.

Latest posts

Back