What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Finished my LED cargo light. Wanted to be able to turn it on/off with the factory light, so took a bit more work to run the wire and connect to the factory light switch.....

Tailgate_015.JPG

Tailgate_027.JPG

Tailgate_022.JPG

Tailgate_044.JPG

Tailgate_046.JPG

Tailgate_076.JPG

Tailgate_073.JPG

Tailgate_079.JPG

Tailgate_090.JPG

Tailgate_092.JPG

Tailgate_095.JPG

Happy with the results.

Had a dead battery yesterday. Threw the charger on for 30 minutes and she was good to go. Will have to keep an eye on this; car was sitting for 3 days, and records show the battery was installed early 2016, so it could be on its way out.

Practising social-distancing and a little self-isolation with baby due any moment now. Worked hard getting our new baby mobil-2019 CX-9 cleaned, protected, baby-ready, and looking proud for a new momma & papa.

Huge thank you to all the CX-9 and other contributors to this forum. Lots of purchases made because of you. It's been a year-long journey getting our '19 CX-9 GT. But we're very happy!

Today's "what I did" - focused on the interior after yesterday's exterior focus. Finally have some time to grab a few photos and post them. We've had some of these items installed for the last couple of weeks... the cargo liner and 3D MAXpider mats, very handy with a few Ikea trips and some winter weather since delivery in Feb.

Interior:

1. Aerospace 303 Protected ✅ - Why have I never used you before?! WOW! Love this.
2. Fortem Car Trunk Organizer - Baby isn't even here yet and we got stuff!
3. AmazonBasics Waterproof Car Seat Protector & Back Seat Storage Organizer installed.
4. Mazda Connect Upgrade from 70.00.021 to 70.00.352 - Makes a difference with Apple CarPlay.
5. MAXLINER MAXTRAY All Weather Cargo Liner Floor Mat Behind 2nd Row
6. 3D MAXpider L1MZ05701509 Black All-Weather Floor Mats
7. Ohuhu Silicone License Plate Frame 2-Pack install.
8. MVPOWER Baby Rear View Mirror
9. Drive Auto Products Car Seat Protector
10. Uppababy Mesa... 👶

View attachment 223551 View attachment 223552 View attachment 223553 View attachment 223554 View attachment 223555 View attachment 223556 View attachment 223557 View attachment 223558 View attachment 223559 View attachment 223560

Exterior:

1. LED reverse lights install. See @sm1ke LED install guide here
2. Washed it...but waiting till the weather warms to detail the exterior trim.

2 questions remain...

1) This is a lot of area to cover compared to my Mazda 3 Sport. Any recommendations on an orbital polisher? And polishing wax?

2) 2.5T oil filter. The PY8W-14-302 filter (made by Tokyo Roki in Japan) has been recently superseded by 1WPY-14-302 (made in Thailand). Bob Is the Oil Guy Thread

Grab em' at the local Mazda dealer? People are talking about "Made in Japan" vs. "Made in Thailand" - Ideas? Thoughts on these?
How can you tell what version of software you have? I have a 2019 I just bought and not sure if its 70.00.021 or 70.00.352

Had a dead battery yesterday. Threw the charger on for 30 minutes and she was good to go. Will have to keep an eye on this; car was sitting for 3 days, and records show the battery was installed early 2016, so it could be on its way out.
Changed the battery today. The old one was dropping at least 1 volt in 8-12 hours so didn't want to risk getting stuck somewhere.

How can you tell what version of software you have? I have a 2019 I just bought and not sure if its 70.00.021 or 70.00.352

You can find the software version info in the Infotainment settings. It's buried within the menus, but it is there.

Finally hand-washed the car. First time since the snow fell back in Oct-Nov. The car needs a serious claybarring, lol.

Finally got my DRL bypass done.....

2020-02-20_002.JPG

DRL_001.JPG

DRL_004.JPG

DRL_077.JPG

DRL_080.JPG

This is a "temporary" thing, as it kills power to the hi-beam circuit. The switch is so you can easily turn the DRL's and hi-beams on when/if needed.

Finally got my new low beam bulbs installed. The bulbs are hard enough to get at, then I find that the tolerances on the mounting surface of these bulbs is a tad off, making them impossible to get in the housing (the old ones were pretty tight too). After a little light sanding with the dremel, they went in like they should. And turns out the old "stock" bulbs weren't so stock, they were Osram 66240's (35w, 6000K).

Headlights_014.JPG

Headlights_025.JPG

Headlights_038.JPG

Headlights_041.JPG

Headlights_040.JPG

And to recap, the low beams are Morimoto XB 5500K, and the fogs are Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 5700K.

Now to have a few drinks and wait for it to get dark so I can see how they really look. :)

So last night I was going to go for a drive and get some "night shots" of the new lights. I quickly noticed that the left light was casting a narrow/small beam on the ground, which I know is the result
of the bulb not being seated properly (the right side looked ok). After some investigation, I found that both low beam bulbs were in upside down. In my defense, that is how the old ones were, so I
just assumed that they were installed correctly. This explains the difficulty's I was having in getting the bulbs in. After flipping the bulbs around, I then found the retainer clips to be loose, so had to remove them and bend some tension back into them. And done!

Then when I was cleaning up, the foggy headlight lenses were bugging me, so I got the 3M polish kit and the Mequiar's plastic polish out. Gave them both 2 good polishes, then 2 coats of wax.

Headlights_047.JPG

Headlights_051.JPG

Headlights_049.JPG

So now to wait again for it to get dark for some output shots.

replaced the lame Falken OEM tires with some Michelin Defender LTX's. What a difference. Ride is more composed and handling improved. The Falkens were shot after 25k miles.

replaced the lame Falken OEM tires with some Michelin Defender LTX's. What a difference. Ride is more composed and handling improved. The Falkens were shot after 25k miles.

My Falkens are still going "OK" at just under 45k. Definitely replacing before the next winter, however. I was thinking of getting the LTX Defenders because of the higher warranty as well, good to see that handling is improved.

Did you notice any difference in the stiffness of the sidewalk going from a V rated to a H rated tire

Latest posts

Back