What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Agreed. Idk how to attach the photo they sent me w the edits but I’ll figure it out lol. These are them on mine though. Still better than oem pricing at 260.
also purchased the oem hood deflector but I don’t know how to install that. ( will ask my neighbor to help.)
Looks nice! Do you notice any wind noise from them?

About to take it for the install of the remote start finally. Got a really gd price quote so let’s see!
wonder what is the range of the oem fobs?

Probably 50' or so. My CompuStar is only 3000', so range is never an issue. :)

TY, definitely getting it done next week. The place I confirmed I’m going to for the job will be using a compustar module as well along w a liner lt to also use the app to control,/ monitor my cx9. Got the best price from them and will have to travel but whatever it’s worth it and lifetime warranty.

My range on my oem fob has been over 200' with a clear line of site.

tyvm. Not bad, wonder if it has longer range. Some days ( when I take my cx9 to wk) I park like 5-6 blocks away from my job because the streets are wide residential streets which are quite, and it saves me paying $6 for parking at my employer, lol.

I just installed the Fortin One remote start, I missed the dealer installed Mazda one I had in my '16.

I finally just got my remote start installed. Consequently I did not go w/ fortin but Viper and the smart start. They were running a promotion on the shop where I went and haggled a bit and got all for $330 with lifetime warranty from the place, and the viper smart start has 5 yrs free basic service. It also allows me to start my car with the oem fobs, and also the viper smart start app which allows you start the cx9 from anywhere in the world in addition to lock/ unlock, rear lift gate, etc. so far I am very pleased and I guess it’s cheaper than mazda who wanted $550 plus taxes for remote start.

Last edited:
I finally just got my remote start installed. Consequently I did not go w/ fortin but Viper and the smart start. They were running a promotion on the shop where I went and haggled a bit and got all for $320 with lifetime warranty from the place, and the viper smart start has 5 yrs free basic service. It also allows me to start my car with the oem fobs, and also the viper smart start app which allows you start the cx9 from anywhere in the world in addition to lock/ unlock, rear lift gate, etc. so far I am very pleased and I guess it’s cheaper than mazda who wanted $550 plus taxes for remote start.
That’s awesome! If you don’t mind me asking what shop did you go to? That’s a great deal

That’s awesome! If you don’t mind me asking what shop did you go to? That’s a great deal

Sure, had to travel but referred by 2 friends who had work done by them. went to a place in nyc called proline. They have 2 shops and I went to their “parent shop” in Atlantic. If you chose this place follow the advice my friends gave me. They open at 9 and I got their 7:48 because it gets very busy. (1 drove for 1 hr 20 mins to get their and was worth it) They had 13 cars by 10 am. Their certified also. If your in my region I’ll take a pic of their card and send it to you. The owner Michael is very nice
I’ll return their in a month to get a dual dash cam installed by then. Since I suck w wiring they said they’ll do it for $50 so whatever I guess.

Last edited:
I went to Best buy and they did a great Job for less.

the Same exact viper system for the same yr and make cx9? If so respectfully would have been nice if you would have shared that especially since I’ve been chiming in about getting a remote start system for a while. Satisfied w/ the place I’ve been to but I would mind saving more. I’m going to look into this with Best Buy!

Last edited:
BestBuy does not have the cell phone service free for 5 years. It can only be controlled within Bluetooth range. Glad they did a good job on your car. I heard many horror stories from people getting stuff done at BestBuy.

BestBuy does not have the cell phone service free for 5 years. It can only be controlled within Bluetooth range. Glad they did a good job on your car. I heard many horror stories from people getting stuff done at BestBuy.

ive heard mixed as well. I’m actually going to look into it today since I have to pass by best buy on my way to Costco. Hence when I checked online the same vsm pro is listed at$199 and doesn’t include labor nor additional items like t harness etc. so what “rwcos” was talking about ( would love for them to chime in) I would love to know if he had the same installed in his cx9 (yr, make, etc)? Because 3 other places quoted me so much more and I’m hearing I got a gd deal for what I paid. I’ll give updates as I go to work this week since some days I park quite a distance from work when I drive in.

ive heard mixed as well. I’m actually going to look into it today since I have to pass by best buy on my way to Costco. Hence when I checked online the same vsm pro is listed at$199 and doesn’t include labor nor additional items like t harness etc. so what “rwcos” was talking about ( would love for them to chime in) I would love to know if he had the same installed in his cx9 (yr, make, etc)? Because 3 other places quoted me so much more and I’m hearing I got a gd deal for what I paid. I’ll give updates as I go to work this week since some days I park quite a distance from work when I drive in.
Please let us know what you find out. Thanks for your efforts.

Please let us know what you find out. Thanks for your efforts.

inquired through Best Buy and spoke to a mgr and lead tech. Showed them my receipt which should the viper system I got installed in my car and asked them regarding their pricing etc. they both told me I got a superb deal on this install and they sell the same products but do not offer the 5 yr basic warranty on their viper smart start product. It is in fact a promotion exclusive to certain viper dealers ( got lucky on this referral)
The smart start is a specific module that has to be used in conjunction w/ a viper brand remote start ( in my case they used the ds4 pro). Now best buy offers the additional t harness for free but the install service starts at 149. Plus taxes (depending on your state) not to mention both viper products previously mentioned that alone almost exceed what I paid for.
so in all the Best Buy staff asserted I got a great deal and unless “RWCOS,” has a huge/ corporate hook up as beat buy told me, he either has another unit/s or is respectably exaggerating.

Last edited:
Is it safe to use Clorox wipes on leather steering wheel?
I wouldn't recomment to use anything with alcohol, it dries out the leather obviously. i talked to guys who restore steering wheels on this website. they told me after they returned my finished steering wheel, just use water, or soapy water.

Last edited:
Practising social-distancing and a little self-isolation with baby due any moment now. Worked hard getting our new baby mobil-2019 CX-9 cleaned, protected, baby-ready, and looking proud for a new momma & papa.

Huge thank you to all the CX-9 and other contributors to this forum. Lots of purchases made because of you. It's been a year-long journey getting our '19 CX-9 GT. But we're very happy!

Today's "what I did" - focused on the interior after yesterday's exterior focus. Finally have some time to grab a few photos and post them. We've had some of these items installed for the last couple of weeks... the cargo liner and 3D MAXpider mats, very handy with a few Ikea trips and some winter weather since delivery in Feb.

Interior:

1. Aerospace 303 Protected ✅ - Why have I never used you before?! WOW! Love this.
2. Fortem Car Trunk Organizer - Baby isn't even here yet and we got stuff!
3. AmazonBasics Waterproof Car Seat Protector & Back Seat Storage Organizer installed.
4. Mazda Connect Upgrade from 70.00.021 to 70.00.352 - Makes a difference with Apple CarPlay.
5. MAXLINER MAXTRAY All Weather Cargo Liner Floor Mat Behind 2nd Row
6. 3D MAXpider L1MZ05701509 Black All-Weather Floor Mats
7. Ohuhu Silicone License Plate Frame 2-Pack install.
8. MVPOWER Baby Rear View Mirror
9. Drive Auto Products Car Seat Protector
10. Uppababy Mesa... 👶

IMG_3046.jpg IMG_3049.jpg IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3057.jpg IMG_3066.jpg IMG_3067.jpg IMG_3072.jpg IMG_3073.jpg IMG_3074.jpg IMG_2953.jpg

Exterior:

1. LED reverse lights install. See @sm1ke LED install guide here
2. Washed it...but waiting till the weather warms to detail the exterior trim.

2 questions remain...

1) This is a lot of area to cover compared to my Mazda 3 Sport. Any recommendations on an orbital polisher? And polishing wax?

2) 2.5T oil filter. The PY8W-14-302 filter (made by Tokyo Roki in Japan) has been recently superseded by 1WPY-14-302 (made in Thailand). Bob Is the Oil Guy Thread

Grab em' at the local Mazda dealer? People are talking about "Made in Japan" vs. "Made in Thailand" - Ideas? Thoughts on these?

Last edited:
Back