What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I went for a short drive up a tall mountain. Love the view from up here.
4fb32aefb5c1e359d85f9e69a960b69f.jpg

Those are going to look very nice. I am thinking of doing something similar when my tires wear out.

I'm a bit anxious about the colour. With the quick mock-up I did, it seems a bit out of place. I didn't have much choice though, it was either this or silver polished, which I felt would have looked too close to OEM for my liking. This colour was also $200 USD cheaper.

We'll see how they look in the summer. If I'm not happy with the colour, I can always refinish this set or sell them and pick up a new set.

I just added 30mm spacers all round. Rear's looks perfect, while they stick out just a tick at the front. I'll probably live with it, but to be perfect I think 25mms for the fronts would look best.

I just added 30mm spacers all round. Rear's looks perfect, while they stick out just a tick at the front. I'll probably live with it, but to be perfect I think 25mms for the fronts would look best.

Was there a specific brand of spacers you used? How did the slightly wider stance affect handling (if at all)?

Was there a specific brand of spacers you used? How did the slightly wider stance affect handling (if at all)?

These are the specific spacers I got: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

A fellow member (vitpk1) fitted these on his CX-9 so I give him full credit for the inspiration. See his thread here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862675-30mm-Spacers-on-2017-Cx-9-GT-AWD

In terms of handling. Well I only took it for a 2 minute run around the block to ensure there weren't any obvious fitment issues, so I can't really comment on handling. I wouldn't think 60mm wider stance would make much of a difference for such a heavy car with a high center of gravity. It's pretty much just aesthetics.

Ok Sm1ke, finally, here is the newer JL Audio 8" dual sub, I got rid of the single 12" it took too much room, see attached.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f6f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f6f.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Did a quick oil change - Castrol Syntec 5W-30 and an OEM Mazda filter. Nothing special, except I got to use my QuickJack for the first time.... (nana)

45705762285_2212301c36_b.jpg

Did a quick oil change - Castrol Syntec 5W-30 and an OEM Mazda filter. Nothing special, except I got to use my QuickJack for the first time.... (nana)

45705762285_2212301c36_b.jpg

Nice!! Which model did you get for the CX-9, the BL-5000SLX or the EXT? I don't think I'd spent that much on a jack, but if I decide to spring for it, it would be good to know what works.

Nice!! Which model did you get for the CX-9, the BL-5000SLX or the EXT? I don't think I'd spent that much on a jack, but if I decide to spring for it, it would be good to know what works.
I got the 5000SLX, but I'll be putting in an order for the frame extension kit (https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/slx-frame-extension-kit-pair.html), which takes an SLX and gives it the length of an EXT. This way I can use the extension kit when working on the CX-9 and MDX, but leave it off for working on the Saab 9-3 and the Audi GT Coupe, which are both too small for the EXT model. This will give me the best of both worlds.

I retract my sentiment about the fronts sticking out just a bit too much, they look perfect!! Every time I look at the car I smile!!

Back