What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I've just cleaned my red soul CX9 GT.

And things I have done DIY, though not "Today"

1/Hacked MCU for Android Auto and Video Player. Bose sound system sucks for music but awesome for video. We watched only at camp site.
2/Installed 50mm spacer all four rear and front rims.
3/Installed Uhaul 2inch Hitch.
4/Installed PPF on hood, front side fenders
5/Installed ceramic tints all side windows 30%, whole front windshield 70%.
6/Accessories: MaxSpider 3D floor mats, suicide knob, glossy red TPU case for key, windows visors, Solar TPMS, dual dash camera, Fortin remote starter.

To do list:
1/Tuning for better starting speed, I still few turbo lag compare to my previous Acura V6. Looking at Pedal Commander, but decide to wait for local tuning service when available. No one ever said anything about this topic?
2/Installing 360 aftermarket camera, 2019 stock 360 cam is a joke.
3/Installing sensor for kick to open trunk.
4/Installing auto fold side mirrors. Need advise for part?
5/May consider short ram intake and exhaust. These might not be a choice since we are expecting baby, not sure how terrible is the drone sound in cabinet?

Overall, I am happy with this sexy looking car, saved me $15000 over an MDX.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
IMG_20190929_1433207.jpgIMG_20190929_1434420.jpgIMG_20190929_1431295.jpgIMG_20190929_1427132.jpg

Last edited:
Got home Friday after work, press the liftgate button, and all I hear is bangin' and clangin'; the ballmount tore out and cracked the interior panel.....

Liftgate_003.JPG

Liftgate_007.JPG

Liftgate_005.JPG

Liftgate_013.JPG

Now to find somebody to weld the ballmount back in place.

To do list:
1/Tuning for better starting speed, I still few turbo lag compare to my previous Acura V6. Looking at Pedal Commander, but decide to wait for local tuning service when available. No one ever said anything about this topic? Azeke has the Pedal Commander, I have the Sprint Booster. They both do the same basic thing, but they have different designs and additional features. Both of them have 30-day money back guarantees, so I would suggest trying it out. It's great to have in day to day driving, the car is much more responsive. For tuning, popular option is remote tuning from Orange Virus.
5/May consider short ram intake and exhaust. These might not be a choice since we are expecting baby, not sure how terrible is the drone sound in cabinet? Intake is kind of loud, but not loud enough to wake a sleeping baby. speed3chris1 got the CorkSport exhaust, and found that it was a little too loud, so he used the OEM midpipe with the CorkSport axle back and it was better. No idea about drone though.

Here's a vid of the CS intake on my CX-9. Windows are partially down for the majority of the video, and all the way down for the last clip. It shows how it sounds in regular driving, and how it sounds with moderate acceleration. I had no other performance mods at the time of the video, only the intake and aftermarket wheels.

Car looks great by the way! Would you mind sharing how you hacked the infotainment?

Last edited:
Yesterday I did an oil and filter change (Castrol Edge 5w30 and OEM PY8W-14-302 filter), then swapped my winter wheels on.

I'm also going to check the oil catch can later today. A few of you may be aware that I wasn't catching any blowby in my OCC. I changed the mounting location and put on about 4000km (2500 mi), so we'll see if the location had anything to do with it.

I'm also going to check the oil catch can later today. A few of you may be aware that I wasn't catching any blowby in my OCC. I changed the mounting location and put on about 4000km (2500 mi), so we'll see if the location had anything to do with it.

Well, just checked the OCC and it's still bone dry. I'm going to try shortening the lengths of tubing and possibly mounting the OCC even lower than it is now, but it's looking more and more like a case of "you get what you pay for".

Got home Friday after work, press the liftgate button, and all I hear is bangin' and clangin'; the ballmount tore out and cracked the interior panel.....

Liftgate_007.JPG

Liftgate_013.JPG

Can anybody with a first gen confirm that this ballmount comes out at 90 degrees? Either an image or a verbal confirmation? The only reference I have is this image I got from Facebook of a similar repair:

Ball_Stud.JPG

This one appears to be at quite an angle, but it also is only tacked into place, so I suspect it isn't the final repair.

Last edited:
What's the plan if you need to use the 3rd row? Does it fold up easy?
I have no use for the 3rd row, even thought of removing it. If by some crazy chance I need to use it, I would remove the liner, roll it up, and proceed with using the seats. I'd bet against that ever happening. LOL

Since buying my 2018 GT a couple weeks ago: Replaced engine air and cabin filters, installed Mazda mud flaps (front and rear), washed and waxed (Meguiar's G18220 Ultimate Liquid Wax), front windows 18% tint, and jury-rigged some pony tail holders to secure the vertical cargo net in the rear (which actually works well).

Finally got the LED license plate lights in. No before picture, but "dirty yellow" best describes the incandescent bulbs.

LED_Lighting_057.JPG

LED_Lighting_058.JPG

LED_Lighting_059.JPG

LED_Lighting_061.JPG

Had a nice 60 degree weather yesterday so I took the opportunity to wash and apply Collinite 845 for the winter.

Had a nice 60 degree weather yesterday so I took the opportunity to wash and apply Collinite 845 for the winter.

Nice! It's almost that time of the year where it gets really cold and hard to work on cars. I'm planning to get mine done professionally at least once and I can do the maintaining it.

Liftgate_007.JPG

Just got this fixed. It isn't pretty (the metal is so thin), but that's why we have plastic panels to cover it up. LOL

Can't get the images off my phone, so I'll post them up later, as well as a "how to".

Back