What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Put on a hitch rack and took it to the trails!

IMG_6007.jpg

Had the TPMS sensors installed, tires mounted, and wheels balanced this weekend.

attachment.php

Also, PSA: The OEM 20x8.5 wheels are heavy as s***. They weigh 39.55 lbs each.

Picked up my 4 month old CX-9 with 4000 miles on the odometer from the auto body shop. Wife had a bit of a mishap changing lanes and contacted another vehicle causing slight damage. Scuffed the right side of the front bumper and gouged the front wheel. They were able to repair the bumper and give it a total respray as the damage was not deep, but they had to install a brand new wheel. Looks like new, as it should. Unfortunately the resale value took a hit of probably 20%. Looks like we're keeping it long term...

Picked up my 4 month old CX-9 with 4000 miles on the odometer from the auto body shop. Wife had a bit of a mishap changing lanes and contacted another vehicle causing slight damage. Scuffed the right side of the front bumper and gouged the front wheel. They were able to repair the bumper and give it a total respray as the damage was not deep, but they had to install a brand new wheel. Looks like new, as it should. Unfortunately the resale value took a hit of probably 20%. Looks like we're keeping it long term...

Why would the resale value take a hit?

Also, PSA: The OEM 20x8.5 wheels are heavy as s***. They weigh 39.55 lbs each.
Good to know! When I rotated the tires recently I was singing "you can do it, put your back into it!" :D
Yeah - those f'ers are heavy. The first time I had my winter wheels/tires put on I had it done at the dealer; in the Spring when I went to swap them back on my own I about slipped a disc....

Probably shows up on carfax since it probably involved the police. Accidents only show up on carfax if they were reported to the police.

But they can take time. Most people will trade in a car at this point to ensure there is nothing on the Carfax. And yes, I learned this the hard way.

I replaced the original Faulken tires. At 24,000 miles and 2 1/2 years, they were at 4/32" but worn unevenly. One of the tires had some sort of bumps where I was feeling vibrations past 13mph. I started noticing after the last oil change and tire rotation. Dealer adviced of the problem when I complained. Then took it to Costco to get the tires balanced and they told me the same thing.
Fast forward two weeks and I couldn't take the dumb vibrations anymore and I figured I only had a few more months of life on those tires. I ended up buying from Costco Bridgestone Allenza Plus 80K ... Car rides smooth again and it even feels quieter than before. The tires were expensive at 1140 for everything, but I've read they will last a very long time.

Bought new rims, I like these much better than the OEM rims.

Anyone interested in buying my OEM rims and tires (~3000 miles) PM me...

Peace and blessings,

Arman

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Installed the OEM splash guards yesterday, and finally ran the data cable for the Viofo A129 rear camera.

Swapped it out for a Nissan Pathfinder. Just a rental as my CX-9 got rear ended.

The insurance company tried to get me in a comparable vehicle, which was nice. But the difference in these cars is like night and day. One drives like a U-haul truck while the other drives like a fine tuned car. The seats also also really short, which is surprising. The interior quality is OK, but very truck like. The V6 engine is nice and has a great pull but honestly not that much different from the CX-9. The steering is very light, which makes it feel like a cargo truck. The center console is huge with a top and bottom part. The center console has lots of buttons - at least 30+. Really kinda nutty.

Most likely will have this car for a week so it will also be interesting to see what the MPG is like.

Hey dougal, this might sound weird but can you do me a favor and compare how the door closes in the Pathfinder to the CX-9? Do they sound the same, or does one of them sound more "premium"? I'm just curious about how it feels and sounds.

My buddy is a dealer rep for Nissan and he's currently driving a new QX60 for his company vehicle, and the way the door closes and opens makes it feel like a much more expensive car.

Hey dougal, this might sound weird but can you do me a favor and compare how the door closes in the Pathfinder to the CX-9? Do they sound the same, or does one of them sound more "premium"? I'm just curious about how it feels and sounds.

My buddy is a dealer rep for Nissan and he's currently driving a new QX60 for his company vehicle, and the way the door closes and opens makes it feel like a much more expensive car.

Sure. I am not sure what trim level I have. There is no sun roof but it does have leather looking seats. Will post back tonight.

Bought new rims, I like these much better than the OEM rims.

Anyone interested in buying my OEM rims and tires (~3000 miles) PM me...

Peace and blessings,

Arman

Glad you're happy with the new shoes! I assume you stuck with 20" sizing? Which tires did you get?

Installed the OEM splash guards yesterday, and finally ran the data cable for the Viofo A129 rear camera.

Nice, how do you like the camera so far? I tried the wifi feature a little while ago. The range isn't great.. I think it would be best used if you wanted to show a cop the dashcam video at the scene of the accident. Otherwise I love my A129 setup!

Love it so far. It's my first dash cam so I can't really compare, but so far it has been very very good. It survived the extreme cold snaps we had here in Wisconsin. I followed your install threads btw, thanks a lot for those!

Agree with the WiFi option. I think it's meant for quick reviews and to change the settings.

Love it so far. It's my first dash cam so I can't really compare, but so far it has been very very good. It survived the extreme cold snaps we had here in Wisconsin. I followed your install threads btw, thanks a lot for those!

Agree with the WiFi option. I think it's meant for quick reviews and to change the settings.

Hey, no problem, glad they helped you out. And thanks for contributing a suggestion for the B-pillar, will try that out later today!

Honestly, it opens with a bit of a click and opens normally. The CX-9 doors are much heavier and close with a more solid clunk. But both are fine.

Last edited:
Glad you're happy with the new shoes! I assume you stuck with 20" sizing? Which tires did you get?!

Yes sir, stuck with 20" tires, Bridgestone DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS - SIZE: 255/50R20...Again so much better to drive than the OEM Bridgestones.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Latest posts

Back