Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Red Push Button Start

From Aliexpress. $3.29 shipped to your door in the US from China:

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32850499775

Registered Member

2016 6 gt

Drove one home from the dealership

Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

Quote Originally Posted by widdy88 View Post
    Red Push Button Start

From Aliexpress. $3.29 shipped to your door in the US from China:

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32850499775

Looks good, but a question. Do the letters of the cover are translucent? I mean, the START and STOP in the button lights up as well, so does the button cover pass the light or not?

Donated: $25

2016 CX-5 GT, 2017 CX-9 GT

No, the letters on the cover are not translucent. The only part of this cover where light passes through is the cutout above the text.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HIMAA...qM/s-l1600.jpg

I had thought about getting this cover, but I think it's a little tacky for the CX-9s sophisticated and stylish interior.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

This past weekend, I drove my '18 CX-9 Sig over to Red Deer (1.25 hr drive) to meet my sales guy. He drove over from Leduc. We swapped cars (he had a '17 CX-9 GS-L in Jet Black as a loaner) so they could take care of a few things and get one of the free oil changes done at the dealership. Drove it for a couple of days, then met up with the sales guy in Red Deer again to swap back.

I gotta say, when I had the GS-L, I really missed the ADD, the radar cruise control, and surprisingly, the Bose system. The standard audio system isn't terrible, but there is quite a difference. The ride quality was a little bit smoother due to the 18" wheels, which was nice, but I found that the car didn't handle turns as well (might have been the tires, they were Yokohama Geolanders). Seats felt pretty similar to Signature seats, minus the thigh support adjustment. The piano black trim was an eyesore (not a surprise as piano black scratches very easily and this was a loaner car). Overall, really happy with my decision to go with the Signature trim and the MGM paint. Also, mileage on my CX-9 for the trip averaged 9.3L/100km, or just over 25 mpg.

I also bought an aftermarket set of aluminum pedals on eBay yesterday.

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

got cross bars and trunk side pocket nets coming in the mail this week; also ordered a set of mud guards front/rear as well

I also plan on limo tinting all my rear windows/back windshield
    Last edited by Bingoy; 05-16-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingoy View Post
    got cross bars and trunk side pocket nets coming in the mail this week; also ordered a set of mud guards front/rear as well

I also plan on limo tinting all my rear windows/back windshield
    With all the nice weather lately, the thicker windshield has started to really heat the interior of the cabin up. I'm seriously considering a clear UV tint application for the windshield. Anyone tried this yet?

Bingoy, which side pocket nets did you order? I wanted a couple as well and found ones that use velcro to stick to the carpeted panels, but I haven't placed an order yet.
    Last edited by sm1ke; 05-17-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

@sm1ke, all my accessories that I ordered are OEM direct from Mazda. The side pocket nets in question require drilling along the trunk liner for a secure fit, as per the instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Bingoy View Post
    @sm1ke, all my accessories that I ordered are OEM direct from Mazda. The side pocket nets in question require drilling along the trunk liner for a secure fit, as per the instructions
    Hm, I guess they aren't available from Mazda.ca, I just looked and couldn't find them. Oh well.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'16 CX-9 Soul Red/Parchment , Touring

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    This past weekend, I drove my '18 CX-9 Sig over to Red Deer (1.25 hr drive) to meet my sales guy. He drove over from Leduc. We swapped cars (he had a '17 CX-9 GS-L in Jet Black as a loaner) so they could take care of a few things and get one of the free oil changes done at the dealership. Drove it for a couple of days, then met up with the sales guy in Red Deer again to swap back.

I gotta say, when I had the GS-L, I really missed the ADD, the radar cruise control, and surprisingly, the Bose system. The standard audio system isn't terrible, but there is quite a difference. The ride quality was a little bit smoother due to the 18" wheels, which was nice, but I found that the car didn't handle turns as well (might have been the tires, they were Yokohama Geolanders). Seats felt pretty similar to Signature seats, minus the thigh support adjustment. The piano black trim was an eyesore (not a surprise as piano black scratches very easily and this was a loaner car). Overall, really happy with my decision to go with the Signature trim and the MGM paint. Also, mileage on my CX-9 for the trip averaged 9.3L/100km, or just over 25 mpg.

I also bought an aftermarket set of aluminum pedals on eBay yesterday.
    +

The Geolandar tires were not a favorite but came on our 2016 Touring. I had them on a 2002 Tribute too and didn't find them impressive in any particular category so your impressions sound in line with what I'd expect. Our Soul Red was a purchase almost a year ago (now around 10k miles on it) and has the 18" wheels and as a Touring , has a few of the Grand Touring perks added too. We are very happy with it's ratio of sporty handling, luxury ride and quiet motion. Just wanted to chime in and toot the horn for favorable mpg out here in the land of mountains, hills and thin air - Colorado. Never been a real hack at worrying or even paying attention to mpg since the deck is stacked against us but the first real trip we took a few months ago showed our travels to Durango Ouray and Telluride to be a low of 28 and bested at 32. I drove my norm and wasn't babying the thing at all, not even sure I had the primo petrol either. This was around 750 miles of driving over three days in early April.
    I'll run the Geo's without complaint and when they are dusted I'll be on the hunt for a good rated A/S.
    ** I believe I ran a Pirelli Scorpion Verde on my CX-7 for a while through the seasons here and they were a nice balance of low noise , decent traction and good ride comfort just to name a few traits.
    Last edited by bachman; 06-12-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    '16 CX-9 AWD, Soul Red / Parchment, Touring (purchased demo with 4800 miles)

Installed aftermarket brake and accelerator pedals today. Link to the How-To I created:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...r-installation

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Jet Black

Exhaust tips came in about a week ago. I wanted to wait until my car was clean to take photos, but the weather isn't getting better anytime soon, so dirty car it is, lol. I got these from eBay. Install was incredibly easy, even for exhaust tips. They just slide over the OEM tips. There is a hole at the bottom if you want to screw them into the OEM tip, but they didn't come with any hardware and I'm not sure what size screw you would use.

Attachment 218393

Here are some comparisons of the OEM tips vs. the new ones..

Attachment 218390

Attachment 218389

.. and here are pics of the tips installed.

Attachment 218391

Attachment 218392

I wasn't sure what to expect with these as they look very bulky in the photos, but I don't mind the look of them at all. They fill up some of the space between the tip and the bumper's exhaust cutout. If I could find a pair that fill out that space a little more and are also slant-cut to match the curve of the bumper, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. For now, these will do just fine.
    Long time lurker (relatively), first time poster here.

I wanted to ask you how you like the exhaust tips you installed? Would you go with the same ones or look at a slanted tip? TIA.

Also, thanks for the How To posts, really helpful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    Long time lurker (relatively), first time poster here.

I wanted to ask you how you like the exhaust tips you installed? Would you go with the same ones or look at a slanted tip? TIA.

Also, thanks for the How To posts, really helpful stuff.
    Hey Hookem! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

I like the tips, most because their size really fills out the exhaust cutout. They should have come like this from the factory. That said, I do like the slanted tips a little more. There are a couple of users who went that route.

With these particular tips, they get dirty fairly easily, but if I hit them with a metal polish every few months, they look great.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Jet Black

Hey Hookem! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

I like the tips, most because their size really fills out the exhaust cutout. They should have come like this from the factory. That said, I do like the slanted tips a little more. There are a couple of users who went that route.

With these particular tips, they get dirty fairly easily, but if I hit them with a metal polish every few months, they look great.
    You bet! I have already upgraded my reverse, license plate, and turn signals because of your posts. I will be putting in a LED in my cargo light this weekend. So those How-Tos have definitely been helpful!

Thanks for the update on the exhaust tips! I really like both and think either one would be so much better than stock. Thanks again!

Installed a dashcam a couple of days ago.

IMG_20180613_190858.jpg

I also just finished writing up a DIY for installing it (mostly just to show how easy it was to route the cable).
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...m-installation

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast