What have you done to your CX-9 today?

The throttle response and pick up feels quicker and CS claims a 11hp increase on their dyno. The noise is where you will see the biggest difference. Anything harder than light throttle at local speeds you will hear the induction and the blow off is even louder whenever you lift off while it is on boost even slightly. There is definitely space for a cold air box. The stock air box is MASSIVE compared to the CS SRI probably for sound suppression purposes.

Nice. With the exhaust work you did and the intake, the car probably sounds totally different from when you got it.

The throttle response and pick up feels quicker and CS claims a 11hp increase on their dyno. The noise is where you will see the biggest difference. Anything harder than light throttle at local speeds you will hear the induction and the blow off is even louder whenever you lift off while it is on boost even slightly. There is definitely space for a cold air box. The stock air box is MASSIVE compared to the CS SRI probably for sound suppression purposes.

mannn I may have to get the intake and exhaust from CS with part of my bonus..... lol

Hi, new to the boards, new to Mazda, and new to new cars. After 9 days of ownership of our '18 Touring, my wife introduced the car to my Altima, any guesstimates on damage costs? I'm away for work, but will be calling the insurance company Wed morning and sending it to an autobody shop for their estimate. Wife thinks its no more than $5g combined and we should avoid insurance. Sure, after we just paid 50% of the car out of pocket, whats a few g's more. Hopefully I was able to correctly attach images.

Attachments

• 11047.jpeg
    11047.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 11046.jpeg
    11046.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 224
  • 11048.jpeg
    11048.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 225
I'm not sure if the black plastic part of the rear bumper can be ordered separately, but if it can't, you're basically looking at a new rear bumper + respray. The Altima would probably cost $1500 USD based on the shop estimate I got for a recent repair on my other car. I'd say $5k is a pretty accurate estimate. Just pay attention to the respray on the soul red bumper and make sure you're happy with it before you drive it home.

I'm not sure if the black plastic part of the rear bumper can be ordered separately, but if it can't, you're basically looking at a new rear bumper + respray. The Altima would probably cost $1500 USD based on the shop estimate I got for a recent repair on my other car. I'd say $5k is a pretty accurate estimate. Just pay attention to the respray on the soul red bumper and make sure you're happy with it before you drive it home.
Thanks for the feedback, will attempt to get out for at least one estimate tomorrow. Since it happened at home i have time to do some research before calling in a claim.

Ordered a set of wheels and tires for the summer!

Does anybody know how the glue in these peel-n-stik dash kits holds up in warmer climates? Anybody nudge a piece in a really hot car? I'm guessing they've been thoroughly tested for heat resistance.

Does anybody know how the glue in these peel-n-stik dash kits holds up in warmer climates? Anybody nudge a piece in a really hot car? I'm guessing they've been thoroughly tested for heat resistance.

I live in Puerto Rico temperatures are around 90 to 95 F. No problems so far. They use 3M's adhesive and it is pretty strong.

Had to bring in my 18 CX-9 GT to the shop....Someone boosted my key fob frequency and went through my car, I had a Blend Mount with a Max II installed (with magnet release) Instead of taking the radar, they ripped off the entire mirror assembly. Apparently Mazda uses great adhesive, it cracked the windshield and they left me with a mirror hanging by the power connector. (argh)(argh)(argh)(argh)(argh)(argh)(argh)(argh)

Removed my front license plate bracket. Can't believe it was drilled into the plastic front bumper. Getto Mazda, just getto

Removed my front license plate bracket. Can't believe it was drilled into the plastic front bumper. Getto Mazda, just getto

I'm sure the dealership was just complying with the local laws regarding front license plates, or they just did it because that's how everyone mounts their plates. If I don't want my bumper to be drilled into, I tell the dealership before I purchase and I get it in writing, just in case.

Last week, I picked my CX-9 up from the body shop. It was in for a couple of minor repairs (two separate hit and run incidents, one in a parking lot and the other while driving home from work). The body shop I took it to is owned by an auto group that has many dealerships under its umbrella (Crown Honda, Crown Mazda, Crown Nissan, etc.). They only have two body shops, one in the north side of the city that operates out of their Honda dealership and one in the south.

I was a little wary about getting a decent paint match with the MGM, but they did an excellent job! Super happy with it. Here are some pics..

Damage from hit & run #1:

attachment.php

IMG_20181010_065454.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_20180930_113322.jpg

Damage from hit & run #2:

attachment.php

IMG_20181022_161733.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_113311.jpg
    IMG_20180930_113311.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 142