What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Sm1ke, you know what they say...Buy cheap, buy twice, buy once cry once. (cabpatch)

Lol, very true. One of the reasons I chose this specific shop for tint was out of convenience. They are located just across the street from where I work, so when I drop it off, I can just walk back to work. I actually went to the shop after work last week, and talked with the owner. He was very apologetic, and very understanding. He agreed to redo the windshield again (this will be the 3rd time, lol). Even if it doesn't come out absolutely perfect, I do commend his efforts and his willingness to make it right. :)

Do you notice any *pixelation* from daytime glare or night time light sources? Brake lights, street lamps, sign reflections....

I had a heat rejecting, UV blocking tint put on and noticed pixelation immediately. I found it annoying enough to get it removed.

However the heat rejection was awesome, it was noticeably cooler. The CX-9 seems to get warmer than any other car I*ve owned. Even reaching into the console while the engine is running, it gets hot in there.

I haven't noticed any "pixelation".. to be honest, I can't even tell the tint is there. I didn't tell my wife about the tint to see if she would notice anything, and she can't tell the difference either.

I agree about the CX-9 warming up quickly. That was my main reason for having the tint done.

Sprint Booster came in the mail today. This is a similar product to the Pedal Commander that Azeke has installed on his CX-9.

attachment.php

As you can see, it's a much smaller unit (dime is there for scaling purposes), but installation is the exact same as the PC. I had planned to get the PC initially, but upon further research I found the Sprint Booster and a few videos on Youtube. My main reason for going with the SB was just that I liked the smaller controller (which can also be detached while keeping the function of the SB operational), as well as price. I happened to catch a sale that put the SB at $210 USD (PC at the time was $299-349).

Sprint Booster came in the mail today. This is a similar product to the Pedal Commander that Azeke has installed on his CX-9.

attachment.php

As you can see, it's a much smaller unit (dime is there for scaling purposes), but installation is the exact same as the PC. I had planned to get the PC initially, but upon further research I found the Sprint Booster and a few videos on Youtube. My main reason for going with the SB was just that I liked the smaller controller (which can also be detached while keeping the function of the SB operational), as well as price. I happened to catch a sale that put the SB at $210 USD (PC at the time was $299-349).

Please let us know, how is it feel after installing it. Is it worth it on CX9? I want to pull the trigger, but $300 is gonna be hard to bite.

attachment.php

Nice Sm1ke, I love the footprint...Does it have a Bluetooth app? I usually forget that I have that option, since I have it mounted next to the steering wheel. The PC made a significant difference while our family was traveling in the mountains, esp., passing trucks on two lane highways. I was glad I had it, the wife, not so much.

Please keep us posted it will be interesting to do a comparison analysis vs the PC.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Please let us know, how is it feel after installing it. Is it worth it on CX9? I want to pull the trigger, but $300 is gonna be hard to bite.

I installed it and played with it a little yesterday (CX-9 specific DIY install will be posted sometime today). The difference in throttle responsiveness is noticeable, for sure. It was worth it to me, even if I had paid the regular price of $290 for the SB (or $350 for the PC w/ Bluetooth and available app). It makes the car more fun to drive. To be honest, I'd spend money on this before spending money on an intake or even a catback (to be fair, I only have the CS intake).

All that said, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so whether it's worth it to you is something you'd have to find out for yourself. I plan to do some actual testing with an OBD2 reader and the TorquePro app, and I might make a video showing the difference in throttle response.

Nice Sm1ke, I love the footprint...Does it have a Bluetooth app? I usually forget that I have that option, since I have it mounted next to the steering wheel. The PC made a significant difference while our family was traveling in the mountains, esp., passing trucks on two lane highways. I was glad I had it, the wife, not so much.

Please keep us posted it will be interesting to do a comparison analysis vs the PC.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

That's the main difference between the two units - the PC offers Bluetooth connectivity and an app for changing settings on your phone. The SB does not. The larger size of the PC is offset by the Bluetooth option, since you can easily hide the PC and just make changes with the app. I just happened to buy the SB because I caught it on sale at a much lower price.

Both units do the exact same thing. All I know is that apparently, SB was developed before PC, and SB seems to make a lot of claims that the PC is just a copy of the SB with added Bluetooth functionality. Who knows.

So far I've only used the SB during my morning commute today, but the difference was apparent. I feel that the PC/SB is doing what I expected Sport mode on the CX-9 to do, instead of simply changing shift points to keep you in the powerband. That's another thing I want to test, how the car feels on the highway with the SB and Sport mode on.

Had a Compustar Prime T9 (remote) and FTDC3HC (remote/starter module) installed today. So nice to have remote start again. Now I need to get the dealer to disable "auto-lock" on the smart-key.

411WCjeIf3L.jpg

Had a Compustar Prime T9 (remote) and FTDC3HC (remote/starter module) installed today. So nice to have remote start again. Now I need to get the dealer to disable "auto-lock" on the smart-key.

Are you talking about the "walk-away lock" feature? If so, you can disable it on your own in the Infotainment settings.

Nice! I wouldn't mind an AWD Speed6 as a commuter car.

Highly recommend Tuxmats for the CX-9. They fit perfectly and keep the luxury look of my 19 GT while adding the protection of weatherproof mats. I combined this with a Weathertech cargo liner and could not be happier.

Had the dealer disable the "auto-lock" on Wednesday. So nice.

Yesterday, I got my LED on; phase 1 of converting to LED was the exterior.....

LED's from Diode Dynamics:
LED_Lighting_000.JPG

Park light:
LED_Lighting_008.JPG

Signal:
LED_Lighting_009.JPG

Signal:
LED_Lighting_024.JPG

Reverse:
LED_Lighting_027.JPG

An hour later and darker:

LED_Lighting_028.JPG

LED_Lighting_030.JPG

LED_Lighting_031.JPG

LED_Lighting_032.JPG

Very happy with the result. I didn't realize the tail lights had a 194 in the corners, but I had a pair of extra HP5's laying around, so tossed them in.

I couldn't stop, so grabbed some spare LED's I had from my last car....

LED_Lighting_034.JPG

LED_Lighting_038.JPG

LED_Lighting_036.JPG

LED_Lighting_040.JPG

LED_Lighting_039.JPG

Not happy with the tailgate, but it is just an SMF1 (single LED) 28mm festoon, so will change that out in the near future.

Washed it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05237.JPG
    DSC05237.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 932
Yesterday, I got my LED on; phase 1 of converting to LED was the exterior.....

Very happy with the result. I didn't realize the tail lights had a 194 in the corners, but I had a pair of extra HP5's laying around, so tossed them in.

I couldn't stop, so grabbed some spare LED's I had from my last car....

Nice and bright! Looks good. I have a few extra festoon LEDs I could have sent your way, but it turns out the ones I have won't fit on yours (they're about 4mm too long).

Nice and bright! Looks good. I have a few extra festoon LEDs I could have sent your way, but it turns out the ones I have won't fit on yours (they're about 4mm too long).
Thanks. I'm so used to having LED's, I had to do it to this thing. These were 28mm festoon's, but really need 31mm. I want bigger and brighter anyways, so these one's are temporary.

Thanks. I'm so used to having LED's, I had to do it to this thing. These were 28mm festoon's, but really need 31mm. I want bigger and brighter anyways, so these one's are temporary.

Oh - in that case, the one I have might fit. I ordered two different festoons from superbrightleds.com. This is the one I'm using, and this is the backup I have. I like the 18 SMD LED one, been working very well for the past while. They're nice and cheap too.

And now I have hyperflash. Grrrrr.
Plug-n-play load modules are on order.

Oh - in that case, the one I have might fit.
Thanks Mike. What do you want for it?

Forgot to mention that I also did the "make the fog lights come on with ignition power" mod.

Fog_Lights_010.JPG

I have the high beams unplugged for now (to disable the DRL's, temporarily). Looks so much better.

Fog_Lights_011.JPG

Now get those ugly yellow fog lights upgraded!

Last edited:
Back