Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Finally got around to installing the OEM roof rack. For the record the stickers indicate a 290lb rating per pair. Next up is the roof box. I know, not the most exciting of add-ons but they are necessary.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Also got a smoking deal at REI on the box. Was trying to decide between the Thule and the Yakima. They were pretty comparable but the Yakima was $20 cheaper AND had an additional 15% off on top of that. Ended up saving about $100, score!

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Jet Black

I had a huge dent removed from the roof yesterday. Not exciting but it feels good to have the roof back to normal.

I'll be installing exhaust tips, foot pedals, and side window wind deflectors this weekend.

Registered Member

2016 cx-9 signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    I had a huge dent removed from the roof yesterday. Not exciting but it feels good to have the roof back to normal.

I'll be installing exhaust tips, foot pedals, and side window wind deflectors this weekend.
    I swear the roof just dents itself from being looked at. I have two strange indentations on the roof too that I swear wasn't there before but there could have been no way that something fell on it since the car just sits in my garage most of the time and there is nothing around it to fall on it.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Jet Black

Quote Originally Posted by Benhui86 View Post
    I swear the roof just dents itself from being looked at. I have two strange indentations on the roof too that I swear wasn't there before but there could have been no way that something fell on it since the car just sits in my garage most of the time and there is nothing around it to fall on it.
    I think you're right! I was pretty embarrassed when the guy at the dent removal placed asked me what happened and I had to tell him I had no idea. Then, when I went to pick up the vehicle, he tells me he popped out a few more dents on the roof and I was just like WTH.

I had a roof basket on the rails for a couple of weeks and never once noticed any dents when I was loading/unloading. Even when I took the basket off, still no dents. The basket was only 25 pounds and I didn't even come to close to the max recommended weight so I don't think that's what did it.

On the bright side, I found a guy who does great work removing dents and is very reasonably priced. I hope I never have to use him again though. Ha!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567