Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    Looks good, what version did you get? It's been almost a year and I still haven't installed my front plate, but if I get ticketed for that I think I'll go in this direction.
    I bought a Rho-plate. They only stock one version (the V2), but it looks like he hasn't updated his site to include the CX-9 yet. I helped him get the measurements, so as far as I know, I have the first one he produced for the CX-9. If you decide to go this route, just send him an email and he'll set you up with the right kit.

I had the V1 Rho-plate (what all of the eBay copies look like) for my IS250 and it was perfect. I'm glad I went with the Rho-plate again because I think that if I went with a cheap eBay one, it would have either been too long or way too short.

2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
    Wheel bearings damaged in the frontend. Waiting for parts.
    Potholes are one of the few things I don’t miss from the island. Is it being covered under warranty?

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 GT

I used a disposable 3D paper glasses to make a cutout and try to make the light more night time friendly. I hate how bright it is at night time. This is perfect! I'm trying to think of a more elegant solution. I'm not a huge fan of the red/white combination. I wish Mazda would either have a switch to turn this light off, or that the light would turn off if the other lights came on. Red/Orange is the perfect color for night vision. Hopefully the next gen CX-9 will have mood lighting, but until then...

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by stompercool View Post
    Thanks. It really blends well with the grey metallic paint. Wish I can tint the front windows dark but its not legal here in California.
    My front windows are tinted dark...still lighter than the rear ones, but tinted indeed. I have a machine gray so it's easier to get away vs a white car. Cops in SD don't pull people for that...but I guess they could if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I used a disposable 3D paper glasses to make a cutout and try to make the light more night time friendly. I hate how bright it is at night time. This is perfect! I'm trying to think of a more elegant solution. I'm not a huge fan of the red/white combination. I wish Mazda would either have a switch to turn this light off, or that the light would turn off if the other lights came on. Red/Orange is the perfect color for night vision. Hopefully the next gen CX-9 will have mood lighting, but until then...
    What about 5% or 20% window tint? Stop by a random tint shop and see if they have some scraps that you can have, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Should mute the light output nicely.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I used a disposable 3D paper glasses to make a cutout and try to make the light more night time friendly. I hate how bright it is at night time. This is perfect! I'm trying to think of a more elegant solution. I'm not a huge fan of the red/white combination. I wish Mazda would either have a switch to turn this light off, or that the light would turn off if the other lights came on.
    There is a setting, not a switch to turn it off. Go into the infotainment under (Settings) (vehicle) (lighting) (ambient lighting) and select "OFF". I have mine set to DIM, for some reason I received mine set to high from the factory. I suspect yours is the same.

Put on a shift knob cover. The fact that it has a CF pattern is nice, but I usually put covers on my leather shift knobs to prevent wear (I tend to rest my hand there a lot).

IMG_20180914_072054_HHT.jpg
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Put on a shift knob cover. The fact that it has a CF pattern is nice, but I usually put covers on my leather shift knobs to prevent wear (I tend to rest my hand there a lot).

IMG_20180914_072054_HHT.jpg
    Looks sweet; and goes great with the wheel trim. I see still no luck in finding something to dress the piano black trim around the shifter...

Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

Quote Originally Posted by phxzoom View Post
    Potholes are one of the few things I don*t miss from the island. Is it being covered under warranty?
    It appears to be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
    It appears to be covered.
    Well that’s good news.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9, '05 645ci soft top,'01 Porsche Boxter, '26 T ratrod

30mm wheel spacers- before and after.

After spacers I swear the steering feels a bit heavier, which I am happy about. Subtle mod, 30mm, took about 30 mins start to finish but makes a huge difference.
    Also - I always use thread locker on the factory threads when adding spacers, never had one come loose (this is the 6th or 7th car I have added spacers to, I’m a big fan)

I’m a newbie here but if I can figure out how to post photos I will...

Registered Member

30mm spacer photos before and after

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by AP3President View Post
    After spacers I swear the steering feels a bit heavier, which I am happy about. Subtle mod, 30mm, took about 30 mins start to finish but makes a huge difference.
    Also - I always use thread locker on the factory threads when adding spacers, never had one come loose (this is the 6th or 7th car I have added spacers to, I’m a big fan)

I’m a newbie here but if I can figure out how to post photos I will...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    What did I do today? I walked into the garage just in time to watch my wife back her CX-5 into my CX-9. Both cars now have damaged quarters and a damaged bumper. I*m trying sooo hard to remain calm...
    You're not alone! My daughter, while in her CX-5, rear ended my wife in her CX-9!!!!!!!
    Thankfully there was very minor damage. Daughter's car got scuffed a little, and wife's car just needed a refinish on the rear bumper.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature, 2011 BMW VF620 M3

Quote Originally Posted by AP3President View Post
    Which brand spacer did you go with?

Registered Member

30mm spacers front and rear

Quote Originally Posted by JsL View Post
    Which brand spacer did you go with?
    I grabbed these off of Amazon, they are hub centric to fit our cars, fit perfectly, and had good finish to them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Product description

•Spacer Width: 30mm each side
    •Quantity: 4 Pieces
    •Bolt Pattern: 5X114.3 to 5X114.3 (Equivalent to 5x4.5" Inch)
    •Center Bore: 67.1mm
    •Thread Pitch: 12X1.5
    •Spacer Type: Hub Centric w/ Hub Lip
    •This spacer set includes open end lug nuts to secure the spacers onto your factory hubs

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast